Chapter Twenty-Six

Spencer

Sliding back up top, Spencer kissed Marisa's lips before collapsing to the side. Half covered with sheets drawn up to her waist, Spencer savored the cool morning air that coursed across her sweaty body. Spencer's nipples harden from the chill.

"You still up?" Spencer blinded swept her hand across where Marisa laid sideways on the bed. Being a werewolf made for many restless nights. Only during extreme endurance and bliss did they sleep at complete peace.

No response. Spencer twisted to her side, curling against Marisa's body lazily. Without thinking anymore, Spencer fell asleep in Marisa's arms.

   A few hours of sleep and Spencer eyes jumped open from the sound of mumbling panicked words. Arms draped off the bed, Spencer lifted her head up finding Marisa crouched on the side of the bed. She was naked head buried between her legs. Her body shook as if experiencing severe cold weather.

"Marisa. Honey..." Spencer twisted out of bed fast coming to Marisa's side. Her skin was iced cold. Spencer scared, scrambled to her phone on the tv stand. She looked up Val's number just as she heard a loud gasp.

   Marisa stretched out, trying to stand. Spencer went over as Marisa sat in her hands and knees to catch her breath.

   "I'm calling Val." Spencer knelt beside Marisa, ready to call Val in the next few seconds.

   "No." Marisa shook her head. "I'm fine."

   "Marisa, you were still like stone and cold like ice. I though you were dead until I saw your eyes." Spencer's voice was shaken not sure of what to do next.

   Color came back to Marisa as if the last few minutes were a ruse. "I was in another realm. I guess I was there a bit too long."

   "What?" Spencer was confused. "Another realm."

   Marisa nodded, not sure of what else to say.

   "So...you were..." Spencer wasn't sure of what to say either. She opened her mouth only to close it back. "Umm."

   "Talking to Ronan. The real Ronan at least." Marisa shrugged. "He was teaching me."

   "Come on." Spencer helped Marisa back to the bed. "Get under the sheets."

   They were both still naked. Marisa grinned, brushing the palm of her hand against Spencer's cheek. "Spenc...I'm not cold. I just...jumped to another plane of universe having a chat."

   Spencer wanted to argue but rolled her eyes and went along with things. "You act as if you just mediated and grew ever so wiser from it." Spencer kissed Marisa on the mouth. "It's like you died to go to that other realm." Marisa frowned, Spencer waving her hand out. "All right." She shook her head. "What did  you learn in this spirit quest?"

   Marisa snorted. "Soul quest." Marisa slid back into bed, tugging Spencer between her legs. Spencer rested her back against Marisa's chest, tilting her head against the crook of Marisa's neck. "Someone wants me dead or sacrificed...I don't know, but, I need to be ready. I need to understand."

Supportively, Spencer ran the tips of her fingers up and down Marisa's hand and lower forearm. Relaxing further into Marisa's body, all the muscles in Spencer's body loosened.