Chapter Thirty-Four

Marisa

"We need to leave." Nicolas came up to Marisa demanding to go back to Val's pack.

Here's to being too nice. "Look." Marisa looked around, some of Solis loyal Weres keeping an eye on her. She didn't like this kind of scrutiny. Marisa kept her voice low. "You panic...you ruin any future of seeing you daughter."

"Fine," he hissed out.

She pinched the bridge of her nose. Being healed up, Marisa could take a step without wincing. She could do this. She walked to the house Solis was in. A few of his werewolves stepped in the way.

"I need to speak to your leader," Marisa said.

"Alpha, you mean," one of them said.

Marisa waved her hand out half-heartedly. "Yeah, yeah. Your Alpha." Being annoyed was the least she could describe her feelings.

They did not react, standing there, no sign of doing what she asked.

See, this being nice thing did not work. Marisa snarled. "I run on my own schedule. If you can not get him...I will just leave."

Still, no one moved. Marisa turned to leave. She didn't bluff.

"What can I help you with?" Silos stepped out, not pleased in being disturbed.

"You know...I didn't come here for your help." My growl had a hard time staying out of my voice. I really didn't care. "So I will ask again. Am I guest or your prisoner."

Silos expression held a malicious smirk. He pursed his lips. "You are a guest." He restrained from saying more.

Doubting him, Marisa nodded, pointing to a path that led away from here. "Than I'm leaving. With or without you."

"You need me," Silos said in a rough response.

"No...I don't. Will your way...be easier in possibly convincing Valerie and the rest. Yes. But...Val and I have more history than all of them put together. I can convince her she needs help one way or another."

Marisa looked to the werewolves standing around. They looked ready to pounce on her if she made a move or he gave a command.

"I see." Silos took a step down. "Then we would go."

"Agreed." Marisa's smile was forced.

It took them nearly an hour to finally head to Val's pack. In her gut, Marisa knew this couldn't be that easy. She didn't trust him and she knew he wasn't naive enough to trust her. There was a target on every corner of her as they made it down the mountain.

It would take a few hours to make it to Val's pack at this rate. No one shifted, walking in human skin. She would not let her guard down.

Nicolas walked close by her, keeping his eyes always wondering. He felt it too. That tug of concern. They were surrounded by enemies.

Marisa shut her eyes being guided by instinct. She needed to reach for her Shaman abilities. Chills ran up her arms. She gritted teeth, breathing slowly. There was hope to finding what source Silos was using effecting Val somehow.