Chapter One

Spencer

"What aren't you telling?" Giving Drake a narrowed glance, Spencer stood up from the chair. "Clearly, there is something eating at you."
Now was not the time to have more pack complaints on Spencer's whining. Perhaps it was good that Marisa was coming back. Finalize their relationship or end it completely. Drake believed they belonged together.

Drake rushed to Val's side, coming down the stairs with two of their cubs. Triplets. Two girls and one boy. Having welcomed Drake and her mates cubs to the world two months ago was exciting and brought a deeper bond for all of the pack. Allira followed behind with their third cub.

"Don't try and use your adorable children," Spencer stood up, smiling at the baby girl Drake took from one of Val's arms. "Gosh, they're all adorable." She leaned in kissing the baby on the nose. "Hey little girl. Hey, Lani." She kissed baby Lani, glancing over at the other two in the other two mothers arms. Okay, she was distracted. "Drake." Spencer whined. "Seriously. If you won't tell me, then you can." Spencer turned her attention to Val, who frowned toward Drake as if annoyed.

"You haven't told her yet?" Val asked Drake.

"How could I?" Drake shrugged her shoulders mumbling precious words to baby Lani. "She's your friend."

"And she's your friend. More like sisters." Allira statement was aimed at Drake, obviously referring to her relationship with Spencer.

"How about...you were both equally responsible for telling her?" Pierce walked into the house, Kathleen at her heel.

Everyone went quiet for a few seconds as Spencer put all statements together. She'd clue herself into what was going on.

"Hey," Val said. She was shy to Pierce at times, not completely settled in the fact that they were mother and daughter. "You want to, uh...hold your grandson?"

Pierce blew out a breath. "Sometimes I have to remind myself that I'm not the age I look." Pierce smiled, nodding, holding her arms out. "Motherhood, suits you," Pierce said, softly.

"Thanks." Val used her inside voice.

Drake went to Val, rubbing her back supportive.

Spencer's mind went back to present issues. After dueling in her mind what they could be hiding, it clicked. "Marisa," Spencer blurted out. When Drake did not face Spencer right away, it was all the confirmation she needed. Spencer shook her head, turning away. "She's coming, isn't she?"

Val answered. "She needs our support. Marisa got into a bit of trouble back in L.A."

"So...she's coming back because she has no choice?" Again, they all took too long to respond. "Wow," was all Spencer said, walking off.

"Spencer," Drake called out, apologetic.

"Give her space," Spencer heard Allira say.

That hurt. Marisa had been gone four months. Not a letter or phone call. Clearly, Marisa moved on. She was probably fucking woman after woman. To know Marisa was only coming back because of whatever trouble she gotten herself into hurt more than anything. For four months, Spencer experienced a mix of emotion over Marisa. Just the mention of Marisa ached. Needing space, she went for a walk.

What was she going to do? Spencer lacked the ability to hide her emotions. She could take a trip back to the City. There were humans Spencer befriended. She missed going out for drinks with the ladies back in the City. Dancing out at clubs. That could be fun. Possibly exactly what she needed. A night; perhaps a week or even a month away. Hopefully by then Marisa would be gone along with the trace of her scent.