Chapter Twelve

Marisa

Everyone scattered off. Walking to Val, Marisa tilted her head off to the side. They walked off to the patio.
"I should be taking off right now. We're on a limited time." Val started in on her usual get down to business rant.
Thinking about Ronan's advice, Marisa squeezed her eyes shut. The sun stood above their heads, burning the back of Marisa's neck. "You have to drink nightshade."
Giving Marisa a weird look, Val narrowed her eyes.
"All I know...is that you need to drink nightshade. I don't know where you would get some and how to drink it. Brew it in tea I assume but--"
"Wait. Wait." Val waved her hand out. "What the hell are you talking about?"
"Ronan..."
Val rolled her eyes.
"Seriously, Val."
"No. I'm not going to listen to a dead--"
"Do you think I'm making up seeing your dead great grandfather?"
Val frowned. "No."
"And do you think I'm gullible?"
Sighing, Val shook her head.
"Then...just do it." Marisa waited for Val to respond. She could tell Val heard her words.
"I'm sure Kathleen will have access to nightshade."
"Take it before you leave off with that witch."
Laughing, Val nodded. "She has a name."
"Does it rhythm with witch...?"
"I'm not going to even answer that."
Spencer stood at the patio doorway gaining both their attention. She smiled to Marisa. "We should start."
Marisa squeezed her friends shoulder. "Before you leave."
Val waved her hands out. "All right."
Leaving Marisa and Spencer alone, Val walked back to the front of the house. Despite her thoughts, Val trusted her friend.

"So, did the witch tell you how to help me?"
Spencer frowned. She stepped into the patio, shutting the sliding door. "Maybe you should try to get along with her. Create peace."
"Or maybe I should go get an exorcism from a priest and be done with this." Marisa looked back at Spencer challenging. Her sarcasm should be rated on a regular. Though Marisa doubted right now, Spencer wanted to entertain more of her dry humor.
"You need to meditate."
What Marisa expected was for her to call out to the dead. Not meditate. Being silly, Marisa spread her arms out wide. Palms raised up. "Come to me." She stepped away from Spencer, taking a deep breath as she said in a deep vomit. "Come to me. Obey my command."
"Marisa. You are not funny."
Marisa continued, speaking louder. "I am your Shaman. Come. Follow my voice."
Spencer sighed heavily, purposely trying to draw Marisa to opening her eyes. "Damn it, Marisa. We don't have time--"
"Listen to your Shaman. I am your master."
The skidding door opened and out walked dumb and dumber.
Spencer stepped back, instinctively. She smelled their threatening intent. The Alpha was gone. Allira was off along with Pierce.
"We have to focus, Drew." Spencer's voice was shaky. His younger brother Bruce walked up to Marisa, as if she was some performer to tease.
"Let my voice be the guide to the light." Marisa continued.
All while pretending to chant to the dead, Marisa listened as the brothers came out. All she wanted was a break from all this serious business. Quite frankly, Marisa was beginning to think she'd never be left alone.
Right as Bruce pointed his finger out ready to poke her in the chest, Marisa reached out, grabbing hold of his finger. She snapped it inward, feeling his bone break.
Bruce screamed, cringing low. Marisa twisted to his backside, pressing her fingers around his throat.
Bruce sobbed out, holding his hand to his chest.
Drew snarled. "Let my brother go," he demanded.
In a low chuckle, Marisa let one of her claws grow out, puncturing into one corner of Bruce's neck.
"Marisa. Please," Spencer shouted in a panicked tone.
Drew snarl erupted, silencing Spencer permanently.
"You better keep that wolf in check or your brother will lose his windpipe." Marisa spoke coolly. She wasn't threatened by Drew's presence. "All you two have to do is leave me alone. Is it really that hard?"
"We get the message now," Drew growled. Gold lingered in his eyes. His wolf was so close to the surface.
"Do you?" Marisa allowed for another claw to emerge, piercing into his flesh. Bruce groaned out in pain, straining his muscles.
Unsure of whether to attack or keep a distance, Drew stared widely at Marisa.
"The next time you two cross my path, and it's not in a respectable way...I will challenge you both right on the spot. And, let's just say...you two won't be my first or last kills."
Shoving Bruce into his older brother, they scurried off to the house.
Marisa snorted. "Those two punks deserve a lot more."
She faced Spencer who only stared unsure of how things ended. "What other way could I have handled that?"
Spencer shook her head turning away.
"This is the person you care for." Marisa held her arms out. "Half the time I'm reckless. I don't follow rules. I have no patience for ignorance like those two dumbass's. Don't judge me--"
"Marisa. Please shut up right now." Spencer shouted.
Marisa frowned but entertained Spencer's request.
"I know what I signed up for. What I want. And...I want all of you, God help me." Spencer pressed her fingers into her forehead. "Why do you constantly doubt my feelings for you? Trust me...you are no easy task..if I did not want you...I could have moved on to a whole lot of other offers."
Marisa snarled. Her wolf heard a threat. Marisa may try to hide her feelings, but hearing Spencer say other women have offered themselves...Marisa's wolf was displeased. "Who's approach you."
Spencer laughed. "You don't get to do that."
"Yes, I can," Marisa snarled.
"Oh..." Spencer said in false confusion. "I'm sorry. So now you want me all to yourself. I can't keep up. One minute I can speak my mind. The next...I can't." Spencer went step by step in their dysfunctional relationship. "So which is it? Either I have a right to be concern when you keep making enemies or I don't."
Marisa bit down on her bottom lip. "I did nothing to those guys."
Spencer sighed, softening her voice. "I know. But...Marisa. You are use to being alone. And we are...use to being around a pack. Most of us grew up together. You are a stranger. Val went through the same thing. They don't know you and you don't try to get to know them. That makes you appear threatening."
Right at the pit of her anger, Marisa sucked in a breath. She gritted her teeth. "I did not ask for this," she spoke husky.
Carefully, Spencer walked fort. "I know," she said softly.
Exposed to her truest thoughts, Marisa tried to laugh off her pain. "I oh...I'm not good at adapting to others. I need..." Marisa struggled to speak. She could almost make out the conscious whispers of the pack nearby. Their deep rooted feelings. It was too much. Marisa almost wanted to slam her hands over her ears. It was too much.
Spencer could see Marisa's pain. The mental torment she suffered being too close to many. Through all the years she'd suffered not know who she was. It had to be hard.
Doing the one thing Spencer knew would take Marisa's mind away from what hurt her, Spencer pressed her hand around Marisa's waist. She leaned in brushing a soft kiss to her cheek.
Marisa inhaled slowly, caught off guard by Spencer's affection. Her heart pounded. Cautiously, she opened her eyes staring at Spencer. Absently, Marisa brushed her hand along the side of Spencer's face.
Leaning slowly in, their lips grazed before pressing in for a kiss. Marisa groaned, stomach burning from desire. Her clit throbbed, awakening as if being touched. Marisa held her breath, after taking in a whiff of Spencer's scent. Spencer's scent tantalize in the air like a delicious aroma cooked up only by Marisa.
Taking another whiff of Spencer's scent, it guided her to her wolf. Gold simmered in Marisa's eyes. Gaining permission, Marisa leaned in kissing Spencer deeply. Spencer's hands ran down Marisa's back, groaning. Marisa sucked in Spencer's bottom lip, unbuttoning her blouse. Spencer's breast hid, only wanting to be found by the rigid feel of her nipples.
"Ohh." Spencer slick moisture between her thighs made it almost unbearable to take Marisa's hands.
Marisa pinched Spencer's nipple, tugging it through her blouse.
Head dropping back Spencer was about to come. "Fuck, Marisa. We should..."
One hand slid down to Spencer's ass, holding her firm while the other gripped at the back of her neck. Marisa pressed her soft lips onto the base of Spencer's throat. She kissed her softly, sucking in Spencer's erogenous flesh.
Their bodies were pressed tight against each other. Moans echoed to the open ambiance.
Spencer wanted this. Wanted Marisa. Her fingers felt down blindly for Marisa's belt buckle. She wanted to feel Marisa's soft skin. Taste her and be tasted.
The table they were near became the wall they needed. Marisa pinned Spencer against the table, giving enough room for Spencer to slide her fingers into her.
Their desires were needful.
Marisa could feel something--someone watching her. She looked up, leaping away from Spencer. In front of her, Ronan stood.
"I don't mean to intrude."
"What?" Spencer looked around holding her shirt together.
Marisa closed her eyes. "Ronan." Marisa buckled her jeans back up. "You are really killing me here. I delivered your message. Can you go?"
Ronan shook his head. "I mean no offense when I say...keep your legs closed and focus on the current issue."
Marisa growled.
"I'm sorry, Spencer."
She shook her head. "We were moving way too fast." She smiled. "We have plenty time for this later."
"Right." Marisa took in a long breath. "Perhaps...for now, we can try meditating. And not because of that witch, but because I know it helps me."
Spencer smiled. "Sometimes..." Spencer, paused reconsidering. "Nope. You never supreme with your smart ass mouth."
Marisa laughed. "One day I will surprise you."