Swear words and outbursts (6)

Why did I have to invite Lauren to mine for food. I can't even frickin cook. Noah loves my cooking, but thats because he doesn't require me to use cook books and fancy meals. I rang my abulita earlier to get a Cuban recipe off her, something simple i requested, which has me here preparing fricasé de pollo. Simple for most people, but not for me.

Lauren should be here any moment now and I am trying to calm myself down. The food is in the oven, ready to be served. Noah is at the table, drawing pictures for our guest, and i am a nervous wreck. What if she is vegetarian? I never even asked her. Maybe she doesn't even like Cuban food, just because she said she was Cuban-American doesn't necessarily mean she likes the food. Fuck! Am i overdressed? Under-dressed? I tried on most of everything that i owned, but decided to stay simple, since i didn't want her getting the wrong impression. When Dinah comes to dinner, im basically in my shorts and tee but i decided that would be a little to casual. So i decided on a simple pair combat joggers, black casual yet dressy top and some black heeled boots.

 So i decided on a simple pair combat joggers, black casual yet dressy top and some black heeled boots

Why the hell am i so nervous? Shes just a friend. who I'm getting to know right? Right! So deep breathes and act just like you would with Dinah and Ally and your other friends. Minus the name calling, inappropriate jokes, cuddling on sofas, and the rest of the things that would not be appropriate when making new friends

Ding Dong - Shit shes here

"Laurens here" Before i can do anything i see a little shadow running full speed towards the door. I guess someone was anticipating her arrival. I glance around the kitchen quickly making sure nothing will set fire, then i make my way to the door. Noah beats me to it though and swings the door open, revealing a stunning looking Lauren stood with a bottle of wine in one hand and a blue box in the other. As Noah greets her and they exchange hugs, i take the moment to give her the once over. She looked, sexy? hot? incredible? beautiful? What the hell is the right word to call your friend you may or may not have a crush on, and are trying to get rid of it. Pretty? Yeah she looked pretty. Dressed in a simple pair of blue jeans, white and black checked halter top that showed off her toned stomach, she defiantly worked out, and a leather jacket, hair wavy and she had barely any makeup on...Fuck it, i can't deny it this woman was breath-takenly beautiful. Barely any makeup and she still looked like she crawled out of a god damn model magazine.

 Barely any makeup and she still looked like she crawled out of a god damn model magazine