Chapter 24.

I made my way through the hide-out bored out of my mind- Kisame had just gone on a mission of some sort, he seemed pretty broken up about it and kept telling me how much he loved me. No one has told me a single thing about this mission so I have been acting quite 'bitchy' towards them, of course it didn't seem to bother Sasuke one bit but the other 3, it pissed them off. Tobi couldn't give two shits while Konan, well I still haven't seen her but I knew she was alive. She probably didn't want anything to do with this seeing as Nagato is dead and he was the last of what she had left of her past, of people she truly cared for. I just wish she would contact me or something, tell me anything that I could do to help her. It wasn't long until I got this feeling like Kisame was telling me something in my head.
"I'm not dead, not matter what they say- I'm still alive, I used a clone. I couldn't leave you alone in this world, not after that night we spent together," A voice rang in my head, it sounded awfully like Kisame but I quickly shrugged it off for many reasons. I walked into the room where Jugo and Karin sat, talking about things. Sasuke mustn't be here seeing as I couldn't smell him- it makes me wonder, when did my smell get so good? Although, Sasuke might not be here it doesn't stop Karin from acting weird, I once walked in on her talking to a poster of Sasuke, saying things like, "What's that Sasuke? You finally woke up to yourself and want me to have you babies? Oh of course!" And, "Sasuke, are you trying to confess your love for me? Oh I knew you would wake up to yourself one day!" Worst thing I have ever walked in on was her kissing the poster, although it was more like a photo that she had enlarged, or perhaps a painting that she had gotten someone to do. Who ever painted it sure did a good job might I say, though it does not explain the special pictures she had in that box under her bed- I really hate remembering that awful day I just had to look in the box, I saw so many pictures of Sasuke, I wish I had never seen, ever. I walked past them and into the kitchen where Suigetsu sat, chugging down a bottle of water, it was definitely something he and his brother had in common, it was quite adorable and I wasn't afraid to admit that at all.
"Oh, Ryku good morning sleepy head- there's some news I have been meaning to tell you, about that mission Kisame went on. I wouldn't expect him back for a while, in fact I wouldn't expect him to ever come back. He was jumped in a way and lets just say, he took his life to protect the information he had on Tobi and Taka, although not long after it, it seemed Tobi vanished saying something about the rinnegan," Suigetsu muttered, placing his pointer finger on his chin. I stared at him for a few seconds- Kisame was dead? Is that what he was trying to say? No, he couldn't be! He promised he would live, for me. He made a promise, he can't break it! Not now, not yet, not ever! I couldn't help but fall to my knees as everything ran through my mind.

"Ryku, I promise I will never leave you alone in this world, ever. I don't want you to feel the pain of being abandoned," Kisame said, turning over on the bed, the sheets only covering his lower half. His torso remained naked as the cold wind hit his body, causing him to shiver. I blushed as he reached over and took a strand of my hair, twirling it around his finger as he gave me his grin.
"I love you," He whispered, leaning forward and placing a soft kiss upon my lips. I blushed a bright red as I stared at Kisame, he was so handsome, "I love you too and you better keep your promise!" I giggled, pulling the blanket up higher to cover my breasts. Kisame chuckled and placed his hand on my fist which was clenched tightly around the blanket. He leaned over and planted a kiss upon my lips, removing my hand from the blanket, he slipped himself on top of me as his tongue tangled itself with mine in a ferocious kiss. He smirked into the kiss as I let out a slight from from the pressure, I blushed as soon as he pulled away and stared into my eyes.
"This might hurt Ryku and I apologize for that. I love you more than anything and I don't want to hurt you," Kisame whispered as he planted yet another kiss upon my lips.
"It's okay Kisame, I want you to hurt me this time," I smiled at him, causing his cheeks to redden as he nodded his head before leaning forward and pressing his lips against mine, our kiss rough but gentle as he finally pushed himself inside of me, causing me to gasp from the sudden pain...

I shook my head from the memory, my cheeks reddening as Suigetsu wrapped his arms around me. I hid my face in his chest as tears slowly fell from my eyes and onto Suigetsu's shoulder. He gently rubbed my back as sobs escaped my lips, causing Karin to walk in and give me a sympathetic look before taking Suigetsu's place. She took me into her room and laid me down onto her bed, giving me a slight smile as she pulled out a book, a book that she told me her parents had gotten her. I sniffled as she opened a page and gave me a warm smile- the book was called 'Once Upon a Time with Winnie the Pooh.' At first it had made me giggle, being a book for children and all, but the first page made me smile.
"Eeyore notices that the sky is falling," Karin started, causing me to burst into a fit of giggles before I let her continue on with her story, "Eeyore was busy piling up his thistles, the way he always does on Thursdays, when a pine-cone hit him on the tail. He rubbed his tail and looked up. "Would you know it," he said. "The sky is falling! I'd better go tell Christopher Robin," Karin read, turning the first page. She smiled as she noticed that I had stopped crying and was staring at her, my big green eyes showing that I was content and wanted her to continue.
"So he went along and he went along, until he met Piglet. "Good morning, Eeyore," said Piglet. "Good morning, Piglet," Said Eeyore, "if it is a good morning which, which I doubt." "What's the matter?" asked Piglet. "Oh, little Piglet," said Eeyore, "the sky is falling, and I have to go tell Christopher Robin." "H-how do you know the s-sky is falling?" ask Piglet. "I saw it with my own eyes. I heard it with my own ears. And a piece of it hit me on my tail." "Oh d-dear," said Piglet, "then I'd better go with you."" I couldn't help myself as I placed my hand on the book and shut it, giving Karin a giggle.
"Enough, I feel better now!" I giggled, "Winnie the Pooh always makes me feel good, it's strange though how that book brings a smile to my face," I said, placing a finger to my chin, causing Karin to smile as she placed the book on the shelve, right next to the other Winnie the Pooh book, she quickly fixed her glasses.
"It's probably because it's a child book, it might bring up a good memory of your parents," Karin pointed out, giving me a warm smile. I stared up at her before nodding my head, accepting that what she said is probably true.
"You're probably right," I whispered, sniffling as a picture of Kisame popped into my mind, I rolled onto my stomach and buried my head into her pillow, holding in the sobs that were waiting to unleash themselves. Karin gently placed her hand on my back and rubbed it, a smile placing itself upon her lips.
"It'll be alright, I promise Ryku, you just go to bed or something and I'll come and get you later when it's completely confirmed," Karin smiled, causing me to smile back at her as I nodded my head with a smile playing upon my lips. I got up and made my way into my room in which I shared with Kisame himself, I laid down on the bed and shut my eyes, clutching his pillow in my hands and breathing in it's scent, it smelled exactly like him and I loved that smell more than life itself at that moment. I stared up at the roof, wondering if this was destiny, I quickly shook my head and laughed at myself. Why would destiny take away all of my friends? Hell, why would Fate do such a thing! Man, this world is cruel.
"Well, Ryku it seems you lost someone else, you're not doing a good job on protecting them, are you?" I whispered to myself, letting out a laugh before shutting my eyes, refusing to let the last of my tears fall, not yet at least. Not until I was positive he was dead- Not until I was sure, there was no way I would shed a tear, and that's a promise.

It's been days since I've left my room, ever since it was confirmed that Kisame was dead, although they couldn't find a body they knew he was dead. I quietly sat up and looked over at his side of the bed, it was still the same since he left, I never did anything to ruin his place. I couldn't, just the idea of it made me want to cry. I didn't want to believe he was dead and changing the room, his side of the bed it would only prove to my heart that he was gone and I couldn't take that, not at all. I would rather die than be told the truth about his death, although it was the truth, Kisame was gone. I stood up from the bed and went over to the drawers where a picture of me and Kisame sat, we were both smiling in it. It was from when we first met, I had scales but he never judged me. I couldn't stop the smile from falling upon my face as I stared down at that picture, we had our arms on each others shoulders, a childish grin resting upon our faces.
"You were so cute back then Ryku," A voice said from behind me, causing me to jump and turn around almost immediately, my heart beat picking up as I saw the man before me.
"K-kisa? You're alive?" I whispered, slowly pushing my body from the drawer and over to him where I placed my hand on his cheek. He grinned at me and placed his hand on it with a cheeky grin.
"Of course! Didn't you get the message?" He pouted and that's when it hit me, that voice it was him! Of course I already knew that, I just forgot about it, silly me!
"Oh, t-that was you? Heh, oops," I blushed, looking away from him. He chuckled and pulled me into his arms, wrapping them around me as he pressed his lips to mine.
"Lets leave Taka and go live with each other in a far away village, where no one will find us. It'll just be me and you, maybe even a kid or two!" Kisame grinned, causing my cheeks to redden as I stared up at the man I love.
"Okay, let's go. Just let me pack a few things that I'll need and then we can go!" I smiled, causing him to grin as he picked me up in his arms and spun me around furiously before setting me down and helping me pack a medium sized back full of well needed clothing before we left- I, of course left a note for the others but they didn't mention Kisame in any of them, just that I was leaving to start a new life without war. I placed my hand in Kisame's as we walked off into the horizon. Our eyes set upon a new future, one that insured our future child's safety.