Chapter 16.

I walked along the edge of the lake, examining the water; Kisa should surely be here, I mean I also remember Nala contacting me not so long ago about Kisame having to take Mimiko back to the lake where I had first met and became her protector."Kisa?" I yelled, as I examined the lake; the water had begun to flow freely back into the Lake resulting in the depth of it, increasing drastically. Something, I was incredibly glad about. This is Mimiko's home as well as many other creatures that I hadn't met yet and would like to meet, one day. I waited a minute or so before stopping and looking around again, I hadn't heard a sound nor a reply from Mimiko herself like I would have expected; I was incredibly worried. If something has happened to Mimiko, I could never forgive myself."Kisa; where are you?" I yelled again, and once again, I got no reply. I frowned and decided that even though I am in a weak state and not able to use any powerful jutsus that I would risk my life and dive into the water; I knew the consequences but that didn't bother me, not one bit. I'd do anything for my Mistress. I dove into the water and called for my tail and swam down to where I could see through the crack though what I saw made me regret doing such a thing; the love of my life was kissing my Mistress. I gasped slightly and quickly swam up to the surface and rushed onto shore before taking off in the direction of the hide out. I knew I would get asked several questions but I needed some time to figure things out and to think them through; how hadn't I seen this coming? It explains exactly why Kisa had been acting so weird. Maybe the only reason he wanted me to join the Akatsuki was so he could get close to me but he's not like that, at least from what I know but I could be wrong. Maybe, the man I once knew and loved, is not the man I know today."Ryku?" Hidan said as I sprinted past him, pushing him into the wall with a strong gush of wind and a slight shove. Deidara, who happened to be in the hallway, moping around about Sasori's death, was shocked by my sudden movement. He had never known me to be violent so what had changed? It's not that I had changed but I felt like my heart had been ripped out and stomped on by thousands of soldiers. I ran into my room and slammed the door shut, silencing everyone who was in the hideout. I threw myself onto my bed and let my tears fall; why would my Mistress do this to me? She knew how I felt."Ryku, dear open up," Konan's soft voice said from the other side of the door but I refused; it's not that I didn't trust her because I trusted her with my life but its more the fact that if I let her in, the others would listen in on our conversation and would more than likely beat the crap out of Kisame, especially Hidan. I and he may not be close but he seemed awfully protective of me."I can't let you in; they'll listen in!" I yelled, loud enough for Konan to hear and probably whoever else was near-by. I heard Konan tell the others to leave and I decided to let her in, I have to let my feelings out to someone otherwise I would drown in self-pity. I opened the door and let her come in before shutting it and locking it."What happened sweetie?" She asked, sitting on my bed and patting the spot next to her. I moved over to her and joined her, thinking of ways to admit it without sounding like I was in love with Kisame."I-I think I like Kisame, I saw him and Mimiko-my Mistress- kissing and I felt like my whole world had started to crumble," I whispered and Konan stared at me with sorrowful eyes; there was a hint of regret in them."Ryku, I didn't want to have to tell you this but the only reason you are in the Akatsuki is because.. Well, Kisa is in love with Mimiko," Konan mumbled and I stared at her with wide eyes."Y-you're kidding, right?" I whispered and she shook her head, forcing a small smile. I felt the tears slowly roll down my face as I stared at the ground; it explained a lot. It really did."I'm so sorry Ryku," Konan whispered and I felt my blood boil; the whole time I thought I and Kisame were finally getting somewhere, it turns out I was being used for Kisame's personal games."Get the hell out," I growled, causing Konan's eyes to widen as he placed a hand on my shoulder which only got slapped away not long later."GET OUT!" I screamed, causing Konan to jump and run out the door, I know I shouldn't have rose my voice like that but it was the only way I would be able to drown in myself pity; I'm a complete failure, that's why Kisa chose Mimiko. It wasn't that long after Konan left that Leader came, knocking down my door and demanding answers. I didn't want to tell him due to the fact that he couldn't possibly understand the pain I was feeling right now; I know he lost his parents but so did I, to the man I love and yet I never stopped loving him, even when he left."Ask Konan, I'd rather not tell you," I muttered and looked away from his eyes that contained rage, a lot of rage. He must really care for Konan even if she is still hung up on Yahiko's death."Tell me or I swear to god you will never be allowed to step foot into this hide out again; you will no longer be a part of the Akatsuki," Pein hissed and I stared down at the ground knowing I would have to have my say now."I don't care Pein because you know what? I only joined because of that stupid fish face Kisame! It was stupid of me to do so, especially after he murdered my parents and I couldn't help but fall hopelessly in love with him. I can't take this much pain, the burden of my parents is still clinging to me. I have no reason to live anymore Pein. I can't take it," I whispered before I stood up and rushed out of the hide out; knowing I had nowhere to go, I left to join Konoha. I would do anything to get revenge on Kisa, even if it ended up with his death; I knew I would regret doing such a thing but he has to know how I feel.