Chapter 12.

The next day when I was up and ready to visit Mimiko, hopefully to increase her strength, if Mimiko dies I am positive the amulet will lose its power until I meet another mermaid and he/she claims it. After Mimiko, if she dies soon, I'll get Hitomi to claim it unless I hear some harsh rumors about Hitomi being a murderer or someone who was after power but she seemed like someone who would do anything for her friends and family - She doesn't seem like a violent person, she's a very sweet mermaid.
"Hey guys!" I said, smiling at the small of group surrounding the table talking about capturing the one tails, I believe Gaara the Kazekage had it sealed inside of him and had a rough past, I don't remember much more than that - I may read a lot about people, places and things but I could never remember every detail only a few things.
"Hi," Hidan said, dryly. I frowned and looked over the guys, realizing Deidara and Sasori were gone. Most likely on a mission. I sighed and sat down in the spot where Sasori would normally sit. Itachi glanced over at me and Kisame smirked at me, trying not to laugh. I raised my eyebrow at him and turned around looking at the reflection the fridge held. I examined my features and nothing was wrong so I didn't know why they were laughing at me, unless they had used some sort of jutsu on me so I couldn't see what they had done but I had showered and washed my body really well so, what was so funny? I turned to Zetsu who looked bored and knew he would be the only one to admit what was happening to me without arguing.
"Why are they laughing Zetsu?" I growled and he looked up and his eyes wondered my face before he fell of the chair laughing, I frowned and looked at Kakuzu for help but he was too busy reading a book on how to become rich. I had never felt so much rage before, I had no idea what was so funny and right now, I was going to kill for an answer, literally. I stood up and stormed out, grabbing my bag and leaving the hide out making my way towards the lake where Mimiko was with Nala and Leku, it made me wonder a bit seeing as Nala should be with me but maybe somethings wrong with Mimiko? I picked up my speed and sprinted towards where the lake should be, nothing was there. There was water but it was shallow, completely shallow. I could see the crack in the ground where Mimiko had sat a few days or so ago, brushing her hair and had introduced herself. I was worried now, Mimiko can't leave the water right now, she could die.
"Mimiko!" I yelled, jumping down and landing on my feet, I moved through the inch deep water to the crack revealing her 'room'. I slipped through and let my tail out as I swam through her room and out a window that lead into the deeper part of the lake. I tried to summon Nala in her fish form but for some reason it backfired in on me and a gash appeared on my hand, I stared at it in shock before swimming deeper, maybe she's already around her? I swam pretty deep when my tail suddenly vanish. I stared down at my body, did the others do his? Is that what they were laughing about? They must have sealed my powers and could sense how weak I was. What they have done has no put my life at risk, there was only so much time I could be under water without my tail - Without the tail I no longer have gills, meaning I won't be able to breath and obviously when I had first called for my tail I had used nearly all of my chakra and had non left to summon Nala, but she would have gotten sent a warning that I had at least, I was connected to her so she should also sense my fear. I could drown right now, which is probably why I'm trying to swim as fast as I can. I shut my eyes and swam harder, I knew I was swimming in the right direction. I was worried that I might be going the wrong direction. I tried calling for Kisame in my head but even I knew me and Kisame's connection with each other wasn't strong enough. I could see the window from where I was but I wouldn't be able to make it through the crack, I was struggling now and if I even was lucky enough to make it though, the crack was about 6-7 meters away from the window and that enough is too far for my human legs to get to without breathing. If I could right now, I would cry. I know the guys were only doing this as a joke but I could only go so far without breaking down. If hey had locked me in a dark room, I would be fine until I hear a noise, after that I'd be screaming and crying while banging on the door to let me out - Its not that I'm afraid of the dark, I'm afraid of whats in it. 'Ita-kun, help,' I thought using the small ounce of chakra I had in my body to speak to Itachi, it was only small but I had just to hope he heard my call and that he wouldn't ignore it otherwise they would think I abandoned them or something, they wouldn't know about my death unless Nala, Leku or Mimiko managed to contact them but I find that merely impossible. They were gone and definitely not with the Akatsuki. But surely if they were they should have noticed a change in Nala or something like turning into a fish then returning to his normal state; they aren't that stupid but what am I saying, Hidan doesn't know the difference between a man in a sexy jutsu to a normal big breasted women. But that was another story; surely Itachi, Kakuzu or Tobi would notice. I don't expect the others too for obvious reasons, they'd be to busy talking about girls and ridiculous 'adventures' or missions they had been on. Hidan would brag about sacrificing another girl after having hardcore sex with her or role playing with a girl before having amazing sex and then, one again, sacrificing her. I never expected much from him; Zetsu would be too busy with his plants or contemplating eating someone. Kisame, well.. There's not much I can say about him apart from that he may be bright but he'd say its 'natural' for me to vanish for hours and that I'd be back eventually, within the next hour or so. Sasori and Deidara are on some kind of mission so they couldn't possibly make a comment. Konan would be helping Pein with something. As I entered the window, my body gave out and my life flashed between my eyes and I remembered Kiba, my best friend, and the man who had given me a place to stay. Sakura the girl who I could tell all my crushes to and well, pretty much all of my friends including Guy. I was close to a lot of the 'sensei's'. I was nice to everyone no matter what, and I always stuck up for people. Like I stuck up for Kisame those few years back. 'Kisa,' I thought, 'I love you so much,' I felt my eyes water as my mouth opened and water got sucked into my body as I gasped for air. I stared up at the crack revealing the exit but I couldn't move, I was in too much pain. I needed air desperately but I could only take so much pain before my body would collapse like it has now, though even so I couldn't help the thoughts I had of Kisame and me in the future with kids, happily married in a place without conflict where we were happy with everyone from the Akatsuki there but knew now that it couldn't happen, their stupid trick has lead me one step closer to my death and now here I was, in the water, drowning and remembering my past, all the bad things and the good things.
"I'm so sorry.. Kana," I managed to gurgle out before everything went black and I found my body shutting down and go limp; warm air hit my back as I floated else where but there was no way I could get air now - my body was slowly shutting down. I'm done for.