Chapter 18.

Normal;

  I walked into Konoha, being greeted by the two that guarded the gates. Izumo and Kotetsu if I remembered correctly.
"Hello," I smiled and they smiled back; of course they knew I was in the Akatsuki but I wasn't wearing the cloak and I probably looked like I had been crying my eyes out.
"You alright Ryku?" Izumo asked and I smiled at him before shaking my head no; I could never hide my feelings from Izumo, no matter how hard I tried, it was impossible. He opened his arms for me and I ran into them, letting my feelings out. His arms were so warm and comforting, something I missed while I was away. He wrapped his arms around my waist and gently patted my head. I glanced over at Kotetsu who was writing something down on a scroll;must have something to do with me being back.
"Ryku!" My little brother screamed as he tackled me Izumo to the ground into a hug. Kana; my sweet younger brother, oh how I missed you.
"Kana," I whispered as I wrapped my arms around him, Izumo smiled at me as he watched. I looked over at him to see him slowly getting up and brushing himself off.
"I missed you Ryku!" He cried, "Why did you leave me?" He whimpered and I pulled away just an inch and looked down at him with soft eyes. He has changed a lot, his short green hair was now at his shoulders and his brown eyes, were full off sadness for once. Something you don't see a lot in our family; we were always so happy.
"I left because Kisame had returned and I-I felt like I should see him but it backfired on me. I met a girl who gave me this stupid amulet-" I stopped myself when I noticed it wasn't on my neck anymore.
"What were you saying about an amulet?" Izumo asked, staring at my neck which was bare. That's when I remembered when I left it in the water; I kind of regretted it, what if I can't turn into a mermaid again? Well, I should be able to, it is a natural transformation in my family but why did it activate when I met her instead of on my 25Th birthday like it should have?
"Never mind, I threw it away on my way here so it's in the past now like it should be. Lets just go speak to Lady Tsunade so we can get the meeting over already," I said and Izumo smiled and nodded at that.
"Alright then, let's go already," Izumo said and I nodded my head and followed them to her office, finding my head going crazy with thoughts. She might not like the thought of me - A former Akatsuki member in her village though I would be able to give her a lot of information about the Akatsuki. As soon as we walked through her door, she jumped out of her seat and enveloped me into a warm hug, something I have missed for a while; she was like a mother I'd never really had a chance to experience.
"Tsunade," I whispered and she pulled away, almost in tears as she stared at me with a warm smile, something that I hadn't seen from her in a long time; like I'd said a thousand times already.
"Ryku, it's been a while. Last I heard you were in the Akatsuki, what happened?" She said and I looked up at her and forced a small smile, as the thoughts clouded my mind once more; the terrible thoughts of Kisame and Mimiko; The Lover of my Life and my Mistress.
"I only joined for Kisame, one of the other Akatsuki members, I'm positive you already know though but I saw him with this mermaid girl I met that I called my Mistress after a while because I became her protector because I bared the power of the Amulet of Ningyo, sadly I threw the Amulet away not long after I saw them embrace each other in a kiss," I mumbled and Tsunade's eyes softened as she pulled me into a hug.
"I'm so sorry Ryku, I swear we keep a tight watch on you so you wont have to worry about him hurting you. There's just one slight problem; where do you want to stay? With Kana and Kiba's family or with me?" I looked up at Tsunade with a warm smile.
"I-I'd like to stay with you, it would make me feel better because I might be putting Kana in danger if I'm spotted with him and Kiba's family as well, you of course have people who protect you so I don't have to worry as much," I said which caused her to smile and nod her head. Kana stood there with Izumo, both smirking at me with there arms crossed. I grinned at them and rubbed the back of my neck, knowing this wouldn't end well especially with the smirks on their faces. Whatever they have planned is definitely not something I will like.
"Ryku, before you go and catch up with Tsunade why don't we go have some ramen?" Kana giggled and I glared at my younger brother before looking at Tsunade for her to confirm if it was alright.
"Alright, go catch up with Kana and Izumo, we will speak later," Tsunade laughed with caused me to pout as I nodded my head. I followed Izumo and Kana to Ichiraku where we were greeted by Naruto, Sai, Sakura and everyone else. I found myself blushing as they all welcomed me in a hug from everyone before we sat down, laughing and eating the night away. As soon as I left to join Tsunade, Kakashi and Yamato stopped me and enveloped me into a warm hug; something they rarely did but I'm positive it was because they haven't seen me quite a while.
"Nice to see you two boys too," I laughed and Kakashi smirked while Yamato gave me his natural creep look with a smile. I giggled at that and hugged them again.
"Man I missed you two! I'd love to catch up as well but I have to go now, I have to speak to Tsunde, bye!" I yelled as I took off running to Tsunade's place where she opened the door with a warm smile.
"Come in Ryku!" She smiled and I grinned at her as I walked in and sat down at the kitchen table and told Tsunade everything I know about the Akatsuki and my adventures.