Chapter 13.

Itachi's P.O.V:

  I was sitting with the guys, listening to Hidan brag about Mimiko being the sexiest creature on earth, it was quite displeasing. Mimiko liked the attention, she was blushing and everything until she noticed Nala's appearance flicker. Nala was a phoenix(as always) and then he changed into a fish and flopped around before returning back to his natural state. Mimiko laughed and thought it was nothing as did I and the others - though I was quite worried about Ryku, she seemed quite pissed earlier when she stormed out and now that I think about it, its been a few hours. I'm quite surprised Kisame hasn't noticed that Ryku isn't back yet.
"Ryku's been gone for an awfully long time," Tobi said, placing is pointer finger on the tip of the bottom of his mask; he sounded quite mature and thoughtful. At least I wasn't the only one who had noticed. But why had Tobi noticed out of everyone? Oh well, I'll ask Kisa about him and Ryku later, for now I should just sit back and see what the others say.
"She's probably going after Deidara so they can have passionate sex," Hidan snickered and Kisa glared at Hidan before hitting him over the head. I sighed and looked at the others. Kakuzu placed his book down and shrugged slightly.
"Not only that but her life force seems to be decreasing," Kakuzu pointed out; I had no idea they had bonded, or whatever she would call it. Since when did they properly speak? Oh what am I saying, I don't pay attention to Ryku, I don't see a point. I'm just going to end up dying soon so why should I get close? It would only hurt both me and her ten fold.
"What do you mean decreasing?" Kisa spoke up, his voice quiet. I looked at him with a raised eyebrow, it wasn't like Kisa to be so quiet, he's normally so loud but then again so is Tobi.
"Well it seems to be fading, I didn't think much of it at first you know seeing as she had gone out because you retards had pissed her off. You should know if you laugh at a girl like that because you sealed her powers and her aura was weak that you should keep quiet because what if she's in trouble right now? We don't know where she is, she could be dying for all we know," Kakuzu stated matter of fact. I stared at him wondering if what he was saying right, we could wait a bit, maybe she'll try and contact me. Well, we'll see soon enough.
'Ita-kun, help,' A feminine voice rang through-out my mind. I stood up immediately.
"You're right Kakuzu, she needs help and we have to find her. Now," I said and Kisa stared up at me curiously and opened his mouth to say something but I put my hand up, silencing him.
"Trust me Kisame, she needs help," I stated and he looked up at me before getting up. I looked over at Tobi who stood up and joined me.
"Lets go!" He yelled, running out of the room and down the hall with his fist in the air, I sighed and followed after him and ran through the forest after him with Kisame tight on my tail.
"Ry-kun said she would be here to visit Mimiko but you guys brought her to the hide out before Ry-kun was told so she should be at the- where's the lake?" Tobi said, scratching the back of his head and examining the huge dried out area, there was only an inch worth of water down there so where would Ryku be?
"What's that over there? Ryku!" Tobi yelled, jumping down and landing face first into the water, sending Kisame into hysterics. I sighed and jumped down after Tobi, landing on my feet, Kisame doing the same. We rushed over to the crack of water where a black cloak was shown. Tobi immediately lifted the body out of the water, revealing an unconscious and barely breathing Ryku.
"Ryku," Kisame whispered before doing CPR, Tobi sat there staring at Ryku while I stood up behind Kisame. I had a huge feeling that we might not be able to save Ryku but at the same time I believed she would come back to us, I'm sure she just collapsed from exhaustion but she also had a gash on her hand. I moved down next to Kisame and examined the cut - She must have been scratched by something down there that interrupted her summoning of Nala, that could explain why Nala turned into a fish. It was definitely poisonous because her tail isn't present which meant she must have been deep enough to end up drowning, in a way.
"Oh god, please come back Ryku, please," Kisame whimpered and I glanced at Kisame, he was almost in tears. It was a heart breaking site, Kisame has been known to not show emotions around the guys and I'm positive I count as a guy, and so does Tobi, I guess he trusts us. But why would Kisame trust Tobi? He doesn't even know Tobi's true identity.
"Please come back Ryku, Tobi loves you!" Tobi yelled, pulling Ryku from Kisame's grasp and shaking Ryku's body to the point where she coughed up a bunch of water and her eyes opened slightly. She smiled at us and looked up, shutting her eyes as she breathed in and out.
"I hate you guys but I still love you Tobi," Ryku said, her voice hoarse. Kisame frowned at her words and glared at Tobi who slowly shrunk back, I wouldn't blame Tobi, Kisame is pretty big in height and body wise. Tobi is tall himself but I know for sure, Kisame could squash Tobi except Tobi might be strong enough to kill him, we'll never know if that's true or not.
"I'm glad you're awake Ryku, now you should sleep. Kisame will carry you back to the hide out, I know you probably wouldn't want to sleep but I think it would be best until we return back and get that stupid seal broken," I spoke and she looked at me with a warm smile and nodded her head and yawned before shutting her eyes and leaned against Kisame who picked her up bridal style. They would be a cute couple, I wonder what exactly had happened between them..