Chapter 21.

I stepped outside into the forest, away the blazing sun and into the shade where Shikamaru lay. I moved over to him and laid down on the spot next to him and stared up at the sky with a smile on my lips.
"You alright Shika?" I asked, glancing at him. He turned his head over to look at me and smiled, giving a slight nod of his head.
"I'm alright," He muttered- but I knew he wasn't, Asuma just died and I know Shikamaru must be broken up about it and I couldn't possibly blame him, I turned onto my side and pulled him into my chest.
t"It'll be alright Shikamaru, I promise you. If I could go back in time and save Asuma- to sacrifice myself for him to live, I would. I assure you that Shikamaru, you are like a younger brother to me. I would do anything for you," I whispered, gently rubbing his back. He let out a whimper as my shirt slowly got moist from his tears. I smiled to myself, happy that he was letting his emotions out. It wasn't long until we were interrupted by Sakura saying that I was to report to Lady Tsunade. I let out a quiet groan and stood up, giving Shikamaru a warm smile as he wiped his tears.
"I'll be back straight after, hopefully. See you then!" I grinned, before making my way to Tsunade's office. As I entered, she gave me a slight smile before looking off into the distance.
"Ryku, I didn't want to tell you this but sadly I have to; another Akatsuki member died. I believe his name was Deidara- Sasuke killed him, or at least lead Deidara to creating a huge explosion that killed himself," Tsunade trailed off, watching me. I looked down at the ground, tears threatening to spill down my cheeks. I held them back as well as I could though as soon as I had a chance alone, I would drown in my tears.
"I see," I murmured, turning around and walking out. I know it's rude but I didn't want to be there right now.

"Are you alright Ryku? You seemed rather upset after I told you the news of.. Never mind- do you want anything?" Tsunade asked, walking into my room and placing her hand onto my shoulder, giving me a warm smile. I turned my head to look at her with a blank expression.
"I'm fine- it's just Deidara was like my best friend, y'know. I miss him," I whispered before adding, "But I wouldn't mind having a bite to eat like some ramen," I grinned, causing her to chuckle before standing up.
"Alright, I'll be back within 20 minutes," She smiled, before leaving the room. I looked down at the ground, letting my mind wonder to all the times I spent with Deidara, Kakuzu, Sasori and Hidan. Why did they have to die? I shook my head clear of my negative thoughts and stood up, stretching.
"I wonder how Pein is," I thought out-loud before shrugging my shoulders, "Oh well, guess I'll never know," I added before walking down the stairs and out the front door. I sat down on the grass in front of Tsunade's residence.
"There you are! I've been looking for you everywhere," Shikamaru said, joining me. I smiled to myself and looked over at Shikamaru who was staring up at the sun.
"Sorry about that, I just got told some terrible news and I needed some time alone," I smiled at Shikamaru who looked over at me with soft eyes before he turned his attention to the sun again.
"Can I know what she told you?" He asked, and I looked over at him, not wanting to tell him the news that ripped my heart into shreds.
"My friend in the Akatsuki- Deidara- just died. I don't know why everyone that I care about is dying, it hurts," I whispered as Shikamaru pulled me into a tight hug, running his fingers through my hair and whispering things in my ear, hoping to calm me down.
"I'm so sorry Ryku- I'm never going to leave you ever," He mumbled into my hair, causing my cheeks to redden at his choice of words.
"I hope you never do, I've already lost too much," I muttered, staring ahead. He continued to run his fingers through my hair as I leaned into him and shut my eyes for a few seconds before Tsunade interrupted us.
"Ah Shikamaru! Why don't you join us for dinner! We're going to get ramen, care to join us?" She smiled, causing me to jump at how loud she had spoken, Shikamaru chuckled and smiled at me.
"Of course, I'd love to," Shikamaru smiled, causing me to let out a sigh of relief- I was glad he wasn't creeped out by how cheerful she sounded; I know I was at first. I stood up and brushed my bottom off before following close behind Tsunade. As soon as we walked into the Ramen shop where, as always, Naruto sat downing down bowl after bowl of ramen. I chuckled and shook my head before walking over and joining him at the table with Shikamaru close behind- Tsunade was buying the ramen.
"Hey Naruto!" I smiled and he gave a slight wave as he gulped down yet another bowl; I looked over at Shikamaru who was watching Tsunade walked over with three bowls balanced on her arms and hands. She walked over and set the bowls down in front of us and one in front of herself before sitting down next to Naruto as she dug in. I smiled to myself and shook my head as I looked over at Naruto. I found myself smiling as I noticed how happy he looked even after everything that has happened lately- it was amazing that he could be so happy about these things, in fact I was incredibly jealous of how he can be so happy. I wish I could that way I wouldn't be haunted by their death every day. It wasn't long after that we had finished our order and were about to leave- I gave Shikamaru a big hug as well as Naruto.
"Bye guys, sleep tight!" I grinned before making my way back home to my room where Kisame sat, a smirk on his lips.