To Accept the Fault of One's Self.

˜"*°•.Max.•°*"˜
8 DAYS LEFT

(Y/n) was easy to understand before. Now he's been avoiding me. Harrison didn't bother talking to me, and everyone was worried. I feel my lips to recall kissing him. He did kiss back, so how long?

"Max... I know you like (Y/n) and Harrison's being a bitch, but we have a talent show to win here."

"Yeah, right... They talk to everyone but me. Maybe (Y/n) likes Harrison, so he didn't bother looking at me."

"That's not true. I know my cousin well. I'm sure he's just confused."

"Mm..."

"Tell you what. I will let you have a day to yourself. To refresh and breathe."

"Sure."

I quickly leave the Mess Hall, running to the lake. I threw a lot of pebbles, but it wasn't enough. I fish out the necklace that was in my pocket. I end up looking at it, feeling the tears rolling down my cheeks.

 "Stupid (Y/n)! Why can't you say that you love me?!?!"

Screaming at the top of my lungs, I became frustrated. I never realize the figure is on the same ground as me.

"At least you have someone that loves you back."

"What do you fucking want?"

"I don't want to fight..."

Harrison sits beside me, and we both watch the sunset. He asks me if the necklace is given by (Y/n). I nod, and he laughs. It wasn't lifting my hopes when his laugh trails off to a sobbing manner.

"You don't know what's it like to be left alone! You're lucky that you have David, Gwen, and your friends. How about me?! My parents didn't bother looking at me! You had it good, Max! You had it good..."

"You're wrong."

"What do you think that?! At this rate, everyone likes you because (Y/n)'s around."

"You just want to be liked that badly, huh?"

Harrison paused, averting his eyes to watch the water flow. I tell Harrison everything, my home, meeting (Y/n), and Winnie for the first time. It became a confession. It's like talking to myself, sharing my fears, wishing I had somebody to protect me, maybe meet (Y/n) someday.

"I know I was an asshole. I didn't think of anybody but myself. You have to believe that I changed, so I didn't become nice because of (Y/n). I decided to change the way I am. Somehow, I end up liking (Y/n) more than as a friend. I get jealous when you're around him. The day he sang that song. I knew it was meant for me because I heard it. I never intend to hurt you, Harrison. I'm sorry I made you feel this way."

"Max, I was afraid the day you might apologize to me without sarcasm. Somehow, I felt relieved. (Y/n) cares for me as a friend, I should've seen it sooner."

"(Y/n) can be confusing. Though it's been years since I saw him, he changed. It makes me want to understand why."

"You did change, Max."

"For the better?"

"For the best."

We exchange a few laughs before the sky turns black. The moon shines brightly among the stars. We agree that we become friends and support each other. Harrison needed someone to be there where no one didn't care. I decided to be that person. Maybe this is how (Y/n) felt. The need to protect others when they can't protect themselves. I guess that's one reason why he made such promises. All I need to know is... Why does he act like he doesn't remember? 

.