A Quest To Find: Winnie and Chris Adventure

˜"*°•.(Y/n) (L/n).•°*"˜

"Hey, Max?"

"Hm?"

"Have you seen Win and Chris?"

"No. After the baby platypuses, Win asked Chris to help out with those little devils."

Supposedly, Win promises to help out with my draft, but I guess I could ask for help another time.

˜"*°•.Winnie Bearston.•°*"˜

"Achoo!!!"

"I would be given you a tissue if we're back in camp."

"Shut it, dumbass. If you haven't let go of Winifred Jr., we will be back in camp!"

I search through the bushes as Chris calls out its name. he stops and joins me. While looking for that damn platypus, Chris began talking.

"So...Why did you name it Winifred Jr.?"

"Why not? My name is Winifred Bearston. It will be cute to name it after me."

"Your name is Winifred?"

"Why do you think the kids called me Freddy Kreuger?"

"Because you accidentally got scissors stuck on your fingers and got yourself convinced by the Special effect Club to do some make-up on you?"

"It's funny to torment the younglings afterward."

After a few minutes of searching, we lean against a tree, taking a break from it. I look over at Chris with an assuring smile.

"I'm sure Win Jr. will be fine."

"I know that... I'm worried about the predators."

"Why the predators?"

"Junior knows how to fight a bear, thanks to me."

With a smug face, I talk proudly about how I trained my babies. Chris listens with slight concern written all over his face. I did notice he knows me more than I know him.

"Hey, Chris. When we first met on the bus, you mentioned getting away from your past mistakes?"

"Yeah, and?"

"Since we're kinda friends...I was hoping you open up."

"Well--"

"ifyou'renotokaywithitthenit'sfine--"

"I don't mind telling it."

"Wait, seriously?"

"Mhm, promise me not to tell anybody else? I'm not comfortable at the idea someone told my past without my permission."

"Sure!"

He takes a deep breath and looks up before looking down. I waited for him to speak, with no intentions of rushing him.

"This is a long story. I'm not as composed as you think I am; you could say that I'm a bit green-minded."

"Like a pervert?"

"Yeah, I guess. In 9th Grade, I was dating this 7th Grade girl. She's green-minded as well, so we sometimes do the naughty stuff, like from blowjobs to anal. I loved her. One day, she borrows a phone from her schoolmate to chat with me, but she forgets to log out. Before you knew it, She and I got expelled. I try to keep our relationship afloat, but she dumps me anyways. The school became disgusted by me, and my parents were furious. To keep me under control, they sent me here for the summer. So that I can avoid the many people who see me or find out what I had done."

"This girl? Do you still love her?"

"After dumping me? Never. She never treated me right, anyway."

"Well, I don't see you disgusting. I mean, I got a lot of guy friends in Russia, who sent nudes, and had sex with their girlfriends."

"But, it's not normal from where I'm from."

"It's not like you uploaded it on a porn site, wearing your school's logo. Unless you had sex on the school's ground."

"We didn't have sex. We mostly kiss or blowjobs."

"The point is, Chris. You understand what you did wrong, and you try to change yourself for the better. On a brighter note, you were able to get away from an abusive relationship. Also, you can still prove to people that you're not disgusting."

"If it's that easy."

"Oh please, all you need is a good set of friends to prove it."

"Who would accept the past and present me?"

"Me, of course! Besides, true friends are supposed to know everything about you and still accept the bad parts of yourself."

"Wow...Thanks, Winnie."

"Call me, Win."

"Thanks, Win. For listening."

"No. Thank you for trusting me."

˜"*°•.Chris.•°*"˜

The bush rustles, keeping me and Win alert. It turns out it's the damn platypus. Win squeals in delight as she hugs her baby platypus.

"You, sir. Are not getting seconds from me."

It hisses at her, but she hisses back. I stand as I watch her smile. I could hear my heart thumping in my chest. I realized what it is to like somebody. Only it is quite different.

"Come on! I'm sure Max and (Y/n) will be kissing if I'm gone this long!"

"You expect that to happen?"

"Not really. I know it will happen!"

I spent weeks on this camp. Only to like a girl who understands the worst parts about me.