Sweet Jealousy

˜"*°•.(Y/n) (L/n).•°*"˜

After yesterday, I can't wrap the thoughts around my head. Max enjoyed my music even though it was for him! My guitar fell on my face, so I instantly sat up and recoiled in pain. My tent suddenly opens, unzipping my tent is Harrison. His face shows concern as I put my hand away from my face.

"You alright? I heard you scream?"

"Yeah, I am. My guitar fell on my face."

He comes in and caresses where my face hurts. He takes his top hat off and brings out antiseptic and a bandage.

"There's a scratch here."

He dabs a little, but it was when I saw a crimson rose color across his cheek. He applies the bandage and puts the antiseptic and wrappings in his top hat.

"How's that hat work?"

"A magician doesn't reveal his secret."

"Riiight."

He informs me that David wanted me in the Mess Hall. Considering the time I woke up, he probably wanted everyone up. Harrison accompanies me to the Mess Hall while meeting the other campers like Space Neil. Chris soon accompanies us after having nothing to do in his camp.

"Hey there, sleepyhead!"

"Afternoon..."

I was least enthusiastic to hear him. It was better than my mom's voice; it was embarrassing enough if your neighbors complained about it. Pushing aside, I sat at the table, and everyone soon came rushing in as lunch arrived.

"Today, we got a special treat! PUDDING!!! "

The young ones began screaming in delight. Nerris, along with Winnie, sits with us. If that wasn't enough, Max, Neil, and Nikki arrived, the elfkin and magician weren't so happy.

"What you doing here?"

"The monkey brats occupy our territory."

We all looked at the entitled 'Monkes" children, who pointed their bananas at us. It was disturbing when one of their snot landed on their banana and ate it. Everyone shivered.

"I guess we're all eating with one another."

Winnie's attempt to lighten the mood certainly takes a turn for the worst. We received our lunch though I noticed Max didn't receive his pudding.

"Why didn't David give you a pudding?"

"Let's say I started mayhem with the Wood Scouts."

"Since when?!"

"Today! Motherfucking, you slept through the warzone!"

Winnie screamed in disbelief. Chris pulls her down as she tries to strangle me. I took notice of Max's eyes staring at my pudding.

"Want a bite?"

"Hm?"

I peel the wrapping from the package and scoop up a spoonful. Max leans in, having to taste the pudding. I got myself a scoop and at some too, gladly it doesn't taste expired.

˜"*°•.Winnie Bearston.•°*"˜

I smirk, noticing the eyes of the magician at the two. I shoo Chris away and sit next to Harris. I lean into his ear.

"Jealous, magic boi? "

"N-no, I'm not."

"Who told Gwen to wake up (Y/n) and instantly voluntee-- UGH!!!"

What's with people hitting me in the head?!?! I recover from the sudden hit and glare at the magician, who's busy looking at my besties. I sit back down and sigh. I turned to Chris playing with his food. I began conversing with him.

"Hey, Chris."

"Yes?"

"Can I tell you something?"

"About what exactly?"

I notice Nikki eavesdropping, so I happily tell her she can listen to what I'm about to say. I guess Neil joined in as well.

"Well, it started when (Y/n) and Max were 5. I didn't know much about it; all I know (Y/n) won't stop talking about Max. It was when we turned 10, man. I can't define the scene I had to watch."

˜"*°•.𝟝 𝕐𝔼𝔸ℝ𝕊 𝔸𝔾𝕆.•°*"˜

"Hey (Y/n)! Did you tell Max yet?"

"Tell me what?"

The innocence of Max was an image that you hardly find in him now. We were in our community playground. Me and (Y/n) knew his situation, but we didn't have a choice. I sit him down in our favorite spot. It's a great hiding spot when we don't want to go home.

"Max...we can't play."

"Oh, that's alright, we can play tomorrow."

"No, what (Y/n)'s trying to say...we won't be here anymore."

I see (Y/n)'s face as clear as day. It was a memory, a memory that is hard to erase. His eyes were tearing up and suddenly (Y/n) excused him and Max alone. I never knew what they talked about, but I never asked (Y/n) about it.

"Remember Max. The three of us will be the best of friends once we get to see each other in the summer! "

The promise was nothing but ripped paper. We never did visit Max or USA. My parents signed me up to be part of a dance studio, and his parents made him join multiple music camps. I heard his song for longing and love. He didn't lose hope. All I can say about that very night is melancholy from his song.

˜"*°•.ℙℝ𝔼𝕊𝔼ℕ𝕋.•°*"˜

"And look at them now. Catching up and enjoying each others' company. It was something (Y/n) longed for."

Looking over the crowd, everyone was in tears. I looked surprised as Nikki started wailing. I take up most of our time with that story. (Y/n), Max and Harrison are gone, and I didn't realize Nerris listened.

"No wonder, (Y/n) serenade to Max!"

"Wait, what?"

"Yesterday, (Y/n) played an unfamiliar song to him in his tent."

"Do you still remember the tune?"

She nods and hums the tune. I smirked as I looked out the door. (Y/n), now that he's here. Let those tunes be a happy one.