What Is It Suppose To Be?

˜"*°•.(Y/n) (L/n).•°*"˜
11 DAYS LEFT

I hiss when Max applies ointment on my wounds. Max complains that I act like a baby, but I deny his complaint.

"O-Ow! Hey, you did that on purpose!"

"I didn't do anything! You big baby! It's your fault for making Winnie mad!"

"She started it!"

"What did you guys fight about?!"

I recall the conversation that leads to my wounds. I shake my head to not go through with it. Max slaps my head, causing more pain. I began sulking after covering up with bandages.

"You're a dumbass..."

"I'm your dumbass."

We both blush at what I just said. Max hits my head, leaving me to recoil in pain. I see Winnie with a coy smile. 

"Oho~ Being naughty in the first aid camp?"

"You see nothing."

"Fine, but I did hear something."

I chase Winnie across the camp. The sky darkens, everyone runs to the Mess Hall to avoid the rain. David did a headcount, happily announcing to do some activities. Everyone didn't like the idea.

"Do something... I ain't doing another knitting session with David."

Harrison asks for my help. I grab my guitar and ask the other Music campers to help out. I ask David if I can entertain the campers instead. He jumps with glee and warns me not to choose bad words in the songs.

"Okay... Does anyone want to request something?"

"How about having Winnie play the violin again?"

Everyone looks at Winnie, who's busy with the routine with the other dance crews. I suggest two cellists from the Classical Music Camp and Via from the Experimental Music Camp, the camp I'm in. The two cellists look at me, confused. They agree that they knew the song anyways.

"Let us give a round of applause for Via, Jon, and Luke!"

"I-I hope you have another performance! If not, we can start with our knitting session."

Everyone groans at David. Gwen asks me to think of another song before she has to deal with us. I sigh and get my guitar from the side. I didn't want to use the piece, but I will think of something better.

"This next song goes out to someone. I enjoy being with you, so I hope you enjoy it."

I see Max blushing from here. I leave the makeshift stage, letting Winnie take over. The rain finally stops, and everyone runs out with glee. Max and I are the last ones to leave the Mess Hall. He stops me midway and asks.

"That song..."

"I--"

"Do you-- mean it?"

"Max..."

"If you felt that way, why not now?"

I try to think of a good reason. I thought I won't be here in this kind of situation. Here I am, standing in front of me, trying to figure out to escape this. Instead, Max pulls my jacket to lean in for a kiss. His lips were cold, but it wasn't uncomfortable. I feel his cheek and bring him closer.

"(Y/n)..."

Harrison's eyes are like looking at a shattered mirror. This isn't how it is supposed to be. I push Max away, and leave them both at the Mess Hall. I didn't want to break Harrison's heart as a whole, yet... I can't explain why I haven't asked Max.