Evolution

"Woah! I get to meet Professor Sycamore soon?!" Serena asked. She wondered what the man was like out of picture and TV.

"Of-course! Off ya go!" Serena was pushed outside. Tapping her shoes, they turned into rollerskates and she skated to the Pokecenter with a goodbye to the man. My journey is just getting started! I'm so pumped!

~~~

After healing her Pokemon, Serena headed to Route 4. A lady with brown hair, kinda the same hairstyle as Viola, joined her side. "Hey there!" She greeted.

Serena returned the greeting. "Hello miss."

The brunette looked Serena up and down. "You're one of the kids who got a Pokemon from Augustine Sycamore, right?" She asked. Serena nodded. Her newly won badge caught the lady's attention. "Would you look at that! You got a Bug Badge! Looks like I might have a new scoop. To beat Viola at your young age... You really are something, aren't you?" She mumbled then hit her head lightly, "Oh! Sorry, I never did introduce myself, did I?"

"It's OK. My name's Serena." Serena giggled.

"I'm Alexa," The two shook hands, "The Gym Leader you just faced is my younger sister." Serena's blue eyes widened.

"I thought you both looked the same! Wow!" Alexa smiled.

"I work as a journalist myself, at a big publishing house up in Lumiose City so feel free to stop by anytime if you have the next big scoop to share with me!" Alexa told her quickly before jogging down Route 4. Serena walked after her while observing the flowers. After a while, Matsu popped out of his pokeball, startling his trainer half to death.

"Arceus, Matsu! Don't scare me like that." She lightly scolded earning a sheepish look from the water-type. "Let us do some training while you're out." The blonde suggested.

'OK!' Matsu said as they looked for wild Pokemon or trainers.

"Oh hello there." Serena smiled at a gardener. Looking at Matsu then back at the man, she added, "I'm training my Pokemon, would you mind battling me?" The man chuckled.

"Not at all. I'm warnin' ya, youngster-- my Corphish here has some sharp pincers!" They got into battle position, the gardener sent out a Corphish.

"Water-type moves won't be effective... so let's try Quick Attack." Matsu complied and sped at the other Pokemon, almost looking invisible, and hit him.

"Vice Grip!" Corphish clamped one of his claws around Matsu, he struggled in the grasp.

"Get him away with Pound!" He slammed his hands against the Corphish a few times, he got upset and Bubble'd Matsu back.

"Quick Attack again!" Serena ordered. That last move brought down Corphish and the Froakie stood tall and proud. "Yay! We won!" The gardener returned his fallen Pokemon and smiled at Serena.

"That may be the most wonderful battle I've had in my whole life."

Serena smiled shyly. "T-thanks."

"Fro?" Matsu blinked and started to glow bright. His trainer shielded her eyes.

"Matsu?" The light died down. Before Serena and the gardener's eyes stood a different Pokemon.

"Frogadier!" He cried out and returned their looks with a tilt of his head. The man clapped his hands.

"Your Pokemon has evolved! What a surprise!"

"Evolved?" Serena crouched down to get a closer look at Matsu. "Awesome!" She grinned and patted his head. "Can't wait to show the others."

Returning Matsu and saying a farewell to the old gardener, Serena continued down the route.

What a beautiful water fountain! Serena gazed at the water fountain. She had a love of things that are beautiful, whether it's a color or a Pokemon. Serena noticed two kids talking with each other, when she walked closer, one of them turned to her.

"Hello there!" He greeted and his friend smiled at her.

"Hi." She greeted back.

"Have you ever heard of a Pokemon called Flabebe?" The boy asked. Serena looked through her Pokedex and showed him.

"Yup, I've seen a few while training."

"Oh! I see. That's what I would expect from one of the professor's handpicked Pokemon trainer!"

I feel so famous since almost everyone has heard of us, Serena thought.

"Did you know that Flabebe is--now brace yourself--a Fairy-type Pokemon!" Serena's eyes widened.

"Fairy-type? I haven't heard that before!" The boy nodded quickly.

"Fairy-" He started but his female companion interrupted him.

"This turned the entire type-matchup system on its head! And we've been battling Fairy-type Pokemon against other types of Pokemon at Professor Sycamore's request. Oh and my name is Sina! It's a beautiful name for a beautiful lady!" She and Serena shook hands.

Her friend playfully bowed. "I'm Dexio." The blonde giggled.

"I'm Serena."

"Two years ago, Professor Sycamore entrusted me with a Pokedex. You could call me a Pokemon-voyage veteran." Dexio told her. Serena nodded to his words, How many kids even get to do this?

Sina placed a hand on Serena's shoulder and pushed her toward the gate behind them. "If you'd like, I'll show you the way to the lab. So, come along now!"

"Alright!" Serena agreed.

"OK! Let's get this show on the road!" Sina cheered and they all went. Matsu overheard the conversation about visiting the lab and got out of his pokeball again. You could understand his excitement to get to the lab. Dexio looked over at the trainer and Pokemon.

"So, how are you and Frogadier getting along?" He asked. Serena placed her hand on Matsu's head.

"His name is Matsu, by the way, and we get along great~" The water-type gave a cry of happiness and hugged his trainer's leg.

"That's what I like to see! A beautiful bond between Trainer and Pokemon." Dexio grinned.

"Right through this gate, and you'll be in Lumiose City! Go on already~" Sina gestured to the gate and gave Serena another gentle push. The blonde nodded and went along with Matsu through the gate.

-

Serena's Team:

Matsu Lvl 18 (Frogadier) Pound, Water Pulse, Bubble, Quick Attack

Sakura Lvl 15 (Pidgey) Tackle, Sand Attack, Gust, Quick Attack

Kaen Lvl 14 (Litleo) Tackle, Headbutt, Ember, Work Up