An Unforgivable Crime [Part 2]

*~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*

Serena kept caution as she walked into the darkened alley – even though it was a sunny day. "Looker, I'm in the back alley." Serena whispered through the Holo Caster.

"Good. Inspect the area. The culprit may be in hiding close by."

The Champion nodded. "Yes, sir!"

"I am maintaining a lookout near your position, but use every precaution!" Serena peered over the wall she was crouched down by and noticed Looker's silhouette in the shadows.

Let's do this! She thought to herself before standing straight. Serena slowly walked deeper.

She stopped when something showed up in her line of vision. The honey-blonde got a sudden shiver and felt like sending out one of her Pokemon as company. As she got closer, she noticed it was a someone, not a something.
A woman.

The woman had short light brown hair and her nose and mouth were only visible- her eyes shadowed. Yup, shivers! Serena gulped and glanced around for Looker, hoping to be reassured by his silhouette.

Upon noticing another person in the alley, the stranger's head shot up in surprise. She had dark green eyes that weren't too bright or too dull.

"Excuse me..." The brunette called to Serena who had been staring at her for a while. "Are you perhaps a Trainer?"

Serena shook her head before answering, "Yes."

The stranger's green eyes flashed for a second and she shot a smile. "If you have a moment, how about a little battle with me?"

The Champion furrowed her brows. Did her eyes just flash? She picked out a Pokeball from her waist. "OK."

"I am just itching for a good battle..." Serena caught a small smirk from the stranger. "Let us begin at once!"

~

The suspicious woman stepped back but managed a small smile. She clasped her hands together. "Oh ho ho! You have some wonderfully strong Pokemon."

"Thank you." Serena returned the smile, thinking the woman seemed nice, but she spoke too soon.

"I wonder, young lady, if you wouldn't consider," the stranger's smile disappeared and turned emotionless, "giving them all to me!" She exclaimed. There was a flash. The woman had changed her appearance to a robot suit. It charged at Serena quickly.

The honey haired girl yelped and shut her eyes.

"Stop right there!" Looker jumped in front of her making the thing stop. Serena let out a sigh of relief.

"OBSTRUCTION DETECTED. PROCESS JEOPARDIZED. RELOCATE HUNTING GROUND." The robot said before jumping high in the air out of sight.

Looker and Serena gazed with wide eyes at the spot the robot stood previously. "Wha--?! What is that woman?! She's not Pokemon, yet she can use Transform?" Looker asked confused.

"Enough talking. We should pursue her!" Serena interrupted. The detective nodded.

"Yes! The chase is on!" He stopped to think. "Now, considering the direction in which she ran, and the angle... hm..." He looked at the sky before turning to the honey-blonde. "Serena, my brave friend! I suspect she is headed for the alley beside North Boulevard's Café Triste! Please go ahead without me! I will be right behind you, just as soon as I have checked this place for clues!"

"Yes, sir!" Serena turned and ran out of the alley.

"La la la~"

Serena scratched her head in confusion. A small girl with a pink dress happily swung her arms at her sides, switching from standing on her tip toes to her heels. She looked adorable, in Serena's opinion.