Viola

"Use Gust." Serena commanded. Sakura flapped her wings and the Ledyba got blown back but steadied itself. The two flew around, using Tackle and Comet Punch, the moves would collide a few times. The Five Star Pokemon fell to the ground with swirly eyes. The young boy returned his Pokemon with a sigh.

"You're strong, I hope you get to Viola!" Serena returned Sakura after praising her, then continued through the sticky web.

~~~

Serena walked into the tent full of cameras and other equipment. The last trainer she battled had told her that the Gym Leader is also a professional photographer. A lady with sandy blonde hair and dark green eyes snapped a quick picture of Serena, who was blinded by the flash for a while. She grinned from ear-to-ear. "That determined expression... That glint in your eye that says you're up to the challenge...It's fantastic! Just fantastic!" She exclaimed, "Is this your first time challenging a Gym?"

"Yes." Serena answered, her vision clearing up.

"Fantastic! Whether it's the tears of frustration that follow a loss or the blossoming of joy that comes with victory... They're both great subjects for my camera!" The lady cheered. She seemed really pumped, it made Serena feel anxious. "My name is Viola." The girl known as Viola said, letting go of her camera, it hung around her neck by the strap.

"Serena." The blonde answered with a smile. Viola reached for a pokeball and went on to her side of the battlefield, the tent was big enough for a battle to be held inside.

"My lens is always focused on victory--I won't let anything ruin this shot! Now come at me!" The Gym Leader called before releasing a Surskit, Serena released Kaen.

"Leo!" He called out with the flame on his head blazing.

"Kaen use Work Up!" Kaen became surrounded by light red aura.

"Water Sport!" Viola commanded her Surskit. She shot water above making it drizzle. Kaen flinched as the droplets touched him. "Bubble!" Surskit blasted bubbles at the Litleo. He fell back in pain from the water-type move.

"Don't give up! Tackle!" Serena said frantically. Kaen nodded and ran at the Pond Skater Pokemon, tackling her with his side.

"Quick attack!" Surskit skid in circles around the cub making him confused. Kaen madly looked around trying to catch a glimpse of her, he felt something hit his back and send him sliding on the floor. Hearing his trainer's next command, Kaen shot an ember at the Surskit. She received burn marks but the move was not that effective. "Your Pokemon can sure stand strong." Viola called from across the field.

"I know and I haven't had him for long." Serena laughed before commanding a Tackle attack. Kaen charged at the dual type in front of him, but before he could hit her, Viola surprised them.

"Bubble!" Being hit by the move at close range, Kaen flew back and hit his side on a crate and slowly slid down, hitting the floor.

"K-Kaen! Are you OK?" Serena ran over to him.

"Lit..." He answered tiredly, his eyes swirled. The blonde thanked him before returning him inside his pokeball. "Come on out, Sakura." The Pidgey chirped when sent out.

"I feel like this is getting exciting! Quick attack!"

"Tackle!" Serena quickly ordered. Sakura and Surskit bumped their heads together, the latter flinched and backed away.

'O-ouch..' Sakura chirped with some tears in her eyes.

"You'll be alright, Sakura, use Gust." Serena smiled softly at the Pokemon. Sakura nodded and blew up heavy wind at the Surskit. She landed at Viola's feet, knocked out.

"Wow! Such a strong Gust." The Gym Leader complimented and returned her Pokemon, sending another one in Surskit's place. Serena gawked at the Pokemon before scanning it with her Pokedex.

"Vivi!" The Vivillon cried out as her wings shined beautifully. Viola snapped a few pictures of the battle.

"It's been a while since a trainer has seen Vivillon." She said. Serena stopped staring at the Scale Pokemon and focused on the battle.

"Gust again!" Sakura blew up more wind, it was effective but did only a little damage.

Viola smirked. "Infestation." (Don't know what Infestation would look like out of game, so I will improvise) Vivillon glowed a light blue and flapped her wings over Sakura, small worm-like creatures clung to the Pidgey's feathers. She freaked out as she tried to get them off.

That looks so scary! I would not want those crawling on me, poor Sakura! Serena thought to herself before concentrating. "Keep using Gust!" Sakura flapped her wings, trying her best to rid herself of the insects and concentrate at the same time.

Sakura weakly landed on the floor, the insects disappeared but she felt her energy disappear too. Viola took it as a chance to attack. "Tackle!" With that move, Sakura fainted.

"OK, Matsu. I'm counting on you!" Serena exclaimed and threw the pokeball in the air. Matsu flipped in the air before landing. He cried out his name with determined focus.

"Quick Attack!" The two blonde's ordered simultaneously. The Froakie and Vivillon repeatedly ran into each other. Vivillon got tired and could not counter Matsu's Quick Attack, so she got hit.

"Water Pulse!" Serena and Matsu had worked hard to perfect that move. It took a few tries but it worked out in the end. Vivillon charged at Matsu with Tackle. A ball of water formed in the Froakie's hands, he sent it flying toward the Pokemon; She freaked out, then there was a watery explosion. Viola wiped her eyes and blinked. She gasped, seeing her Pokemon on the ground.

"You won!" She exclaimed in surprise. Serena jumped up and down excitedly, she caught Matsu as he jumped into her arms.

Serena carried Matsu with her to stand in front of Viola. "Serena, you... No it wasn't you alone. You and your Pokemon have shown me a whole new depth of field. Fantastic! Just Fantastic!" The sandy blonde congratulated Serena and handed her the Bug Badge. "Now then, can you zoom in a bit to check out the tent behind me?"

"OK?" Serena looked at her in confusion.

"Take the stairs that you find beyond it, and you'll be back up to the entrance faster than a flash!" The trainer followed her directions and went up the wooden stairs behind the tent. She blinked in surprise when she stepped out. Serena watched as the Butterfree painting, she saw earlier, closed from behind her. The man from earlier noticed her and walked over.

"Whoa-ho-ho! Wouldja look at that Bug Badge!" He smiled at the badge pinned on Serena's bag strap. "Nice! Very nice, future Champ!" Serena looked down nervously, Future Champ?! Feels weird being called that. The man continued, "I bet that schmancy-pants professor who gave you your first Pokemon'd be amazed to see it!" Serena looked up in surprise. He knew who she received Matsu from?

"After you heal up your Pokemon in the Pokemon Center, why don'tcha head on up to the Pokemon Lab in Lumiose City and show it to him, huh?" He told her.

"Woah! I get to meet Professor Sycamore soon?!" Serena asked. She wondered what the man was like out of picture and TV.

"Of course! Off ya go!" Serena was pushed outside. Tapping her shoes, they turned into rollerskates and she skated to the Pokecenter with a goodbye to the man. My journey is just getting started! I'm so pumped!