Sweet Moment

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sakura had long been returned to her pokeball. Matsu battled in her place. Serena had introduced Helioptile to all of her team members. They were all getting tired of the Team Flare grunts saying nonsense about 'A new world' or their 'amazing' fashion sense. Serena rolled her eyes and noticed two more grunts. The boy grunt took out a pokeball. "We're Team Flare! We put the fashion into fear!"

His partner, a girl grunt, took out her own pokeball too. "We were looking for Fossils but discovered a kid!"

"Serena." The blonde felt a hand on her shoulder, she stiffened then relaxed as she saw that it was Calem. Helioptile looked at him curiously. "So, there are two members of Team Flare this time..." He smiled at her. "Are you ready to battle alongside me, neighbor?"

Serena returned his smile with a nod. "Yes!"

The two took their positions next to each other. "If you're just trying to make yourselves happy, I won't stop you." Calem told the grunts then glared. "But when you threaten people, it's like who do you think you are, anyway?" The battle began.

Croagunk fell with a thud. The female grunt returned it. "Oh man! My favorite, fashionable Team Flare suit is filthy!" The boy grunt whined. Serena and Calem rolled their eyes.

"If we can restore Fossils, we can make some good money!" The girl grunt said. The trainers silently walked past them.

"Are you feeling any better, Helioptile?" Serena asked her. The Pokemon cried happily. Calem looked at Helioptile.

"Is this your new Pokemon?" He asked. The blonde exchanged a look with the small Pokemon in her arms.

"Well..." Helioptile smiled with a nod.

"Helio!"

"You wanna stay with me?" Serena asked, surprised.

'Yes!' She said. Calem laughed.

"Looks like it." Serena took out an empty pokeball, enlarged it, then tapped the Generator Pokemon on the head with it. She was immediately engulfed inside, with a ding. The blonde sent out Helioptile again.

"Welcome to the team, Hikari!" The newly caught electric/normal type cried out and jumped on to Serena's shoulder. The trainers laughed and continued walking.

Serena peeked past the cave wall and saw someone. Calem peeked with her. "Is he there?"

"Yes." The assistant noticed them and waved them over.

"Why, hello! Here to look for Fossils as well?" Calem shook his head.

"Was Team Flare here?" The man tilted his head to the side.

"Teemphlair?" He asked, confused. "What's that? A Pokemon?" Serena and Hikari giggled. The raven head sighed.

"Never mind..." He murmured to Serena, "Guess he was so absorbed with looking for Fossils, he didn't notice."

"You two are very lucky!" The assistant suddenly said, catching their attention. "I just now found two Fossils! But they're both ones I already have, so I'll give one to each of you!" He looked at Serena and held out a Fossil in both hands. "Do you want the Jaw Fossil or the Sail Fossil?"

Serena observed both of them. One Fossil does indeed look like a jaw, a big one. The other Fossil seemed pretty. "I'll take the Sail Fossil, please." Once she has it in her hands, the blonde stared in awe as the Fossil shined with all the colors of the rainbow. "Wow..."

Calem gazed at the Jaw Fossil in his hand. "I'll take this one, then." The assistant smiled at them.

"I'll restore your Fossils and turn them back into Pokemon at the Fossil Lab. Hope to see you there!" With that said, he walked off. Calem turned back to Serena, placing the Fossil in his bag.

"So, we went looking for the assistant, and we found that suspicious group called Team Flare as well..."

"My journey is getting weirder..." Serena sighed, Hikari rubbed her head against Serena's.

"Still, with those Team Flare people running around, it would be better to train more so we can travel safely." Calem told her. "I guess the best thing to do to get tougher is challenge the Cyllage City Gym."

"I should go now." Serena told him.

"I'll stay here for a while to look around." The raven head inched closer to her. "Please be safe, Serena." She held in a squeak as he boldly hugged her. Hikari almost fell off Serena, she caught herself and, again, observed their interaction with a curious expression. Serena returned the hug with pink cheeks, the boy's cheeks the same.

"I-I will! I'm pretty sure the grunts are here still. So don't get jumped by them." Calem chuckled and let go with a sweet smile.

"That won't happen." Serena nodded to him and walked the direction the assistant had gone. Why do I feel like staying here with him? She thought to herself, exiting Glittering Cave.

Hikari pressed her face up to the glass of the aquarium. She enjoyed watching different water-type Pokemon swim by. Serena giggled while looking at the giant golden Magikarp statue. A Vaporeon passed by the tank and stuck its tongue out at Hikari. Taken aback, the Helioptile glared and did the same. Vaporeon made a lot of silly faces, mocking the electric/normal type. Hikari fumed. Her frills generated electricity.

'Why, you!' She growled about to fire a Thunder Shock. Serena looked over and yelped. She quickly scooped up Hikari, leaving a laughing Vaporeon.

As they exited the aquarium, Serena scolded her Pokemon. "We could have been in big trouble."

Hikari pouted and mumbled an apology. Serena sighed and walked down the steps. A swimmer girl gave Serena a Dowsing Machine. She tested it out and found a few items; Ultra Ball, Stardust, and a Pearl. Serena arrived in Cyllage City with a sigh then went to the PokeCenter. Leaving her Pokemon there to heal, Serena went around the city. She bought more potions and other supplies and received a green bike.

Serena rode her bike to the clothing store. Well, I guess it's time to get a change of clothes, She thought as she parked her bike beside the store. Serena entered inside.

The worker greeted her. "Hello, miss. Anything particular you're looking for?" Serena shrugged.

"Haven't decided on what I should get. Do you have any recommendations?" She asked the worker. The lady thought for a minute, looking between Serena and the various clothes around them. She snapped her fingers and scooped up something and accessories. Serena caught the things thrown at her and was pushed inside a changing room.

"Try those on!" The lady ordered. Serena complied and got dressed. Once she was done, she stepped outside. The worker smiled at her and gently guided her to a mirror.

Serena observed herself in the mirror. On her head was a yellow Fedora, her white Wide-Frame Sunglasses were blue now. She wore a yellow Poke Ball, Baby Doll Tee. Blue Skinny Jeans and yellow High Top shoes.

"Do you like it?" The lady asked. Serena nodded with a smile. "Here is a new bag to match." She took the blue Enamel-Striped Purse.

Serena paid the lady and walked outside. The cool breeze from outside felt nice. Grabbing her bike, the blonde rode back to the Pokemon Center.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Matsu (Frogadier) Lv. 31-- Pound, Water Pulse, Bubble, Quick Attack

Kaen (Litleo) Lv. 28-- Tackle, Headbutt, Ember, Fire Fang

Sakura (Pidgeotto) Lv. 28-- Tackle, Twister, Gust, Quick Attack

Fushigi (Ivysaur) Lv. 27-- Tackle, Razor Leaf, Take Down, Vine Whip

Hikari (Helioptile) Lv. 18-- Quick Attack, Thunder Shock, Charge, Mud-Slap