Pokemon Catching

"I don't know what this Professor Sycamore wants you to see on your trip, but taking a journey with your Pokemon is a really wonderful experience. I love you and have fun." Grace lovingly stroked her daughter's hair with a sweet smile.

Serena saluted along with the Froakie. "I will! Love ya too!" She ran outside, the door closing behind her.

~~~

Just as Serena was a few feet away from her house, the floor was shaking due to heavy steps from a certain Pokemon. "Rhy!" The Spikes Pokemon happily cried out. Serena smiled at the Rhyhorn and stroked his head.

"Haha! What a card!" Grace laughed from behind Serena. "I guess Rhyhorn just wanted to give you a big send-off for your journey."

"Well, he's known me since I was born, after all!" Serena chuckled. Rhyhorn went back to his resting area.

"Good luck on your journey, Serena. You'll have your Pokemon by your side, so you will be fine." Grace told her and went back inside.

Serena stood outside her house, letting the wind play with her hair. I am on my own with my Pokemon, something tells me that my journey will be crazy...

Matsu's call snapped her out of her thoughts. He gestured to Vaniville Pathway. 'Let's go.'

Serena smiled at him before walking ahead.

The blonde looked up from her map. "Hmm... this is Route 2, Avance Trail." She told herself and Matsu, who rested on her head. She happily watched different Pokemon nearby. Serena spotted, with her Pokedex recognizing it for her, a Caterpie or two munching on a leaf.

"Hi, Seri!" A familiar voice greeted her. Serena saw Shauna standing by the Route 2 sign with Calem beside her, he perked up at the mention of Serena's nickname.

"Hello, guys." She returned the greeting with an eyes-closed smile. "What are you up to?"

Shauna clapped her hands. "Learning to catch Pokemon! Calem's parents are amazing trainers."

"Oh? I bet you're going to be as good as them, Calem." Serena told him. Calem glanced at her with wide eyes.

"Really? Thanks!" He seemed extremely happy to hear that from her. Chespin chuckled to himself silently. "I know so much about catching Pokemon and battling."

"Yup!" Shauna exclaimed. "He was just explaining to me about type advantages!"

Calem scratched his head. "Well... Mom and Dad may be good, but that has nothing to do with me. OK, now watch carefully, you two." He called their attention and spotted a Bunnelby peeking it's head out of a burrow. "Hey, Bunnelby, how about a battle?" It smirked and nodded.

'Sure, but I'm gonna win!' It cried out. Chespin jumped down from Calem's shoulder with his arms crossed.

'We'll see about that.' He countered.

"Tackle!" Calem commanded. Chespin charged at Bunnelby but it dodged with Agility and tackled Chespin away. He quickly got up. "Vine Whip!" The two quills on Chespin's head turned into vines and smacked the Bunnelby multiple times. While Calem was battling, Shauna and Serena were caught up in watching the battle that they did not notice two Pokemon sneaking up from behind them.

Nearby, a Pidgey looked up from her Oran berry. She spotted two Zigzagoon trying to rob an oblivious trainer. 'H-hey!'

Matsu and Fennekin quickly turned back and growled in alarm. Serena curiously followed their line of vision and saw a Pokemon reaching into her bag. "What are you?" The Zigzagoon startled and jumped back before he could actually take something. The Pidgey landed beside Serena and flapped her wings angrily.

'It's not nice to steal things!' The Zigzagoon laughed before headbutting her out of the way. Pidgey cried out in surprise. Serena and Shauna gasped and glared at them.

"Hey! That was mean!" The little brunette said. Fennekin echoed her words.

Just as one of the Tiny Raccoon Pokemon was about to attack Serena. Her Froakie blasted it with Bubble. Shauna's Fennekin joined the fight using Ember.

'R-run!' The Zigzagoon ran away together after being defeated. The two girls turned around just in time to see Calem finish off Bunnelby and catch it.

"Wow! The Pokemon went inside the pokeball!" Shauna exclaimed in surprised. Calem turned around and looked at her in a funny way.

"Uh... Shauna... What do you think your Fennekin was in before you got her?" Serena laughed but remembered the Pidgey. Walking over to her, she picked the bird up gently.

"You alright?" The blonde asked. Pidgey nodded her head. "Thank you for trying to stop them, you have a kind heart." The Pokemon looked away in embarrassment.

Calem looked on. "What happened to you two?"

"Some Pokemon tried to rob Seri, but that nice Pidgey saved us!" Shauna cheered. Serena sprayed a Potion on the Pidgey. She jumped up and ruffled her feathers with a happy chirp. Serena laughed and picked up a daisy, placing it on the bird's head.

"I am so glad you're OK." The blonde scratched the Pidgey's cheek. "Wanna come with me on my journey?" She asked her. The Tiny Bird Pokemon nodded happily. "My name's Serena and I hope we have fun together... Sakura." Serena said. Sakura chirped again.

Shauna squealed. "Such a cute name!" Calem took out some pokeballs and gave Serena and Shauna some.

"If you're gonna take Sakura with you then you need a pokeball." He told Serena. She nodded and enlarged a pokeball. Gently tapping Sakura on the head, she was sucked inside with a click.

"Welcome to the team, Sakura!" Serena laughed and held the pokeball up high.

Matsu danced in place. "Froakie!!"

-

Serena's Team:

Matsu Lvl 8 (Froakie) Pound, Bubble, Growl, Quick Attack

Sakura Lvl 5 (Pidgey) Tackle, Sand Attack