Elite Four and Parades

*~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*

Serena gazed, wide eyed, from the gate of the Pokemon League. "Amazing!" She exclaimed. The Pokemon League was huge. The grass had been cut perfectly, the gardeners outdid themselves. There was a pond with a low bridge so anyone could get through. Serena stepped across, the water soaking her shoes, and stopped again. She looked up at the League. "Well... this is it..." The girl closed her eyes with a smile. This place was a castle, inside are four warriors that need to be defeated before confronting the queen. Diantha. Serena giggled at the thought. Zorua gave the Trainer a confused look, Serena shrugged it off and opened the large door.

She was greeted by the entrance hall. Zorua's head turned every so often as she observed the huge hall and all the paintings. "Cool, right?" The honey haired girl asked. Zorua nodded with a bark. Serena went left and ended up in a huge room with four chambers, two on one side and two on the other. In the middle stood a lady with pink colored hair. She smiled as Serena walked over.

"You're the illustrious Serena, are you?" She asked. Serena gave a shy nod. "Welcome at last to the Pokemon League. I am one of the Elite Four. People know me as the Fire-type Pokemon user, Malva." The two shook hands. "Here in the Pokemon League, you'll encounter the four of us- the Elite Four- and our Champion." Malva continued. "If you hope to meet the Champion and challenge her here, you must first defeat the four of us. Do your best, because if you can't impress us with your real strength, you'll never get to battle her." She walked to her chamber with a hand in the air. "But it should be a walk in the park for you, right? The "heroine" who destroyed big, bad Team Flare."

Serena stood still in thought. I know where Malva is, but I should battle her later. I should check out the closest one on my right, Zorua wriggled around in her arms. "Hm?" Zorua looked tired of being held in Serena's arms constantly. The Trainer lifted her on to her hat with a satisfied smile.

"Zor!" The Pokemon protested.

"Cool down. My arms were tired too." Serena retorted before reading the chamber's plaque. "Ironworks Chamber."

Serena entered inside and stepped on the slot on the floor. A rumble startled the human and Pokemon, two giant blades descend down from the ceiling and into two slots meant for them at the floor, and then turn 90 degrees, causing the wall to flash with green light and then come down, sinking into the floor. The blades then turn another 90 degrees, raising a round wall around the arena. A throne appeared with a man in armour seated on it.

The honey haired girl approached him nervously. He sat up and brought his hands to his hips. "Well met, young challenger!" He had a deep and loud voice with a medieval accent (Is it even an accent?). "Verily am I the Elite Four's famed blade of hardened Steel, Wikstrom!"

"Everyone calls me Serena, but Seri by my friends." Serena introduced with a bow, making Zorua almost fall off with an angry bark.

Wikstrom pulled out a Pokeball. "With my magnificent Pokemon at my side, I will reveal the scope of Trainer achievement! Let us both give our word that our contest shall be fair and honorable. Ready?"

Serena grinned. "Always!"

"En garde!" Both threw a Pokeball in the air.

~

The elevator immediately took Serena to the main room. She giddily watched as a new door opened up ahead of her. "This is it! Diantha, here I come!" The honey haired girl shouted and dashed inside, the bright light from the other side not bothering her at all. Zorua squinted and held on to Serena's hat.

Another elevator took her up to a bigger throne room, one fitted for a queen. Wide windows spread light across the room, covered by light, transparent white veils. "Look at the floor, Zorua! It's so beautiful." Zorua's blue eyes shined as she stared at the abstract paintings covering the ground.