Oops!

"So sorry! I saw a Pikachu and wanted to catch it." Sakura chirped.

'Called it.' Shauna continued.

"Looks like we're all here. Let's go to Santalune City~" Shauna brightened and they all went out of the forest.

~~~

"What are you all going to do?" Shauna asked her friends as they exited the forest. Santalune City could be seen close by.

"Why, look for Pokemon, of course!" Trevor grinned. "The professor did ask us to complete the Pokedex, after all. And furthermore, different Pokemon prefer living in different places. To put it another way, it's a chance to find different Pokemon than the ones in the forest!" He said. Tierno looked up in thought.

"I'll bet different Pokemon will use different moves. I sure want to see lots of moves."

Shauna turned to Calem. "What are you gonna do, Calem?" She asked him. Serena looked around the area while listening to them talk about their plans.

"I'm going to go to Santalune City's gym and challenge the Gym Leader." Calem told her. "You see, Pokemon trainers find out how good they are by challenging the Leaders in Pokemon Gyms." Serena gazed at him in wonder. Wow, Calem sure knows a lot, She thought. Shauna smiled at him as if she read Serena's thoughts.

"Wow! You sure know a lot!" Shauna exclaimed. "Right, Serena?" Said girl walked over with a nod.

Calem fiddled with his bag's strap. "It's because my Mom and Dad taught me so much." He turned around. "I'm going now, see ya later!" He ran off.

"Oh this is great! I'm going to spend some time getting to know my Li'l Fennekin~ What are you going to do, Seri?" She asked the blonde girl.

"Maybe train a little then challenge the gym, too." Sakura nodded in agreement, she wanted to train and grow stronger.

Shauna waved. "OK! Have fun!" Serena almost tripped on a rock when Shauna said, 'Tell Calem I said Hi!'

"Alright, Sakura! Use Gust, then Tackle!" The Pidgey flapped her wings sending dust and gusts of wind to blow back a Bidoof before delivering a finishing blow. It fell down unconscious and Sakura chirped in victory. "Good job!" Serena brushed the bird's back and they continued to Santalune City. The blonde's first stop in the cozy city is the Pokemon center, Matsu and Sakura were tuckered out from the battles on Route 3. Once she entered the center, she immediately saw Tierno.

"Oh! Hey there again, Seri!" He greeted. "Pokemon Centers sure are great. The lady at the counter will heal your Pokemon for you."

"Thanks. Where is the Pokemart?" Serena asked him.

"The Pokemart is right there," Tierno pointed to a different counter a few feet away, "It's different in Kalos."

"I noticed, where I'm from the Pokemart is separated from the Pokecenter." Serena told him. "I'm gonna heal my Pokemon now then pack up on supplies." The heavy-set boy nodded and went to buy some items.

"Welcome to the Pokemon Center, may I take your Pokemon?" The pink haired nurse asked politely.

"Sure." Serena returned Sakura to her pokeball and gave it, along with Matsu's ball, to an Audino.

"Why don't you go for a walk until your Pokemon are healed, be back in a few minutes." The nurse suggested. Serena returned her smile.

"I will, uhh..."

"Joy. Call me Nurse Joy." She said.

"Thank you, Nurse Joy. Be back in a few!" Serena called before running out. The blonde gazed at the water fountain that had a statue of a Pokemon she hadn't seen before. It had two roses for hands and spikes on its head. I have so much to see on this journey... Serena decided to walk east of Santalune city. She avoided the grass knowing it would be dangerous to run into a Pokemon without any with her at the moment.

"Serena!" She heard Calem yell. Before she could turn around and greet him, he swiftly ran past her and grabbed her hand. It took her a minute to comprehend that they were running away from something with him dragging her.

"C-Calem?! Why are you, we, running?!" She asked while trying to keep up with his pace.

"I was training and might have upset a couple of Litleo!" The raven head laughed nervously. Serena noticed that some parts of his clothes were burnt, some tips of his hair too. Calem paused from running, the girl bumped into him and grabbed on to his jacket with her other hand. "That hill is pretty steep." He frowned.

"Lit!" They turned and saw the Lion Cub Pokemon. There were five of them, they looked pretty mad.

"What did you do to them?" Serena asked him. He scratched his chin with a sigh.

"Fletchling might have accidentally pecked them after they ate his berry. They won't listen to my apology." One of the normal-and-fire types stepped forward and shot Ember at them. Serena, still clutching Calem's arm, pulled him away with her to avoid the move.

"Well, looks like we need to battle!" Serena reached for a pokeball to throw but felt nothing but empty ones. "Eh?!" She clutched her head frantically. "I forgot that Matsu and Sakura are at the Pokemon Center!" She quickly hid behind Calem as another Ember nearly hit her.

"Don't worry, I will protect you, Serena." Calem said bravely as he stood protectively in front of her and sent out Chespin.