Chapter 1: Scrat Chase

It's a nice sunny day in Hyrax Island and as usual, Scrat is trying to find a good spot to hide his acorn. He looks around, sniffing the ground until his nose came upon a tree with a perfect acorn size hole in it.

The saber tooth squirrel scurried up the tree excitingly. But unknown to Scrat, something was hunting him. A small figure climbed on a log, and jumped in the grass, slowly approaching. Just as the squirrel was going to place his nut, his ears perked at some rustling. Distracted, he lost his balance and fell on the ground, his acorn falling on top of his head.

Just as Scrat rubbed his head, he yelped when he saw his hunter in the grass and quickly ran for it with the predator chasing him. The predator ran out of the grass ,chasing the squirrel as Scrat kept making turns.

Scrat then climbed on a log that blocked the path and prevented the hunter to get through. But the predator spotted another log and went inside it as a shortcut. Scrat was much farther than before. But the predator was still hot on his tail as the two passed by a lake, revealing the hunter had silver fur and brown stripes on him.

Scrat climbed a tree but the figure, thanks to his small size, manage to do the same and chased Scrat up the tree and back on the ground.

The squirrel turn to his chaser, not focusing on what's in front of him. He ran right into a log near the lake causing his acorn to fall out of his hands and roll away. Scrat groaned annoyed that his prized possession was out of his reach again.

But turning back to predator, Scrat got startled and ran right into the log again and fell to the ground unconscious.The hunter's shadow covered the squirrel as the lake revealed his reflection....a young saber cub.