Chapter 21

I woke up suddenly as I heard my phone ringing loudly. I answered without even checking who it was.

"Hello?" I asked groggily.

"Hi darling! It's your mum."

Shit I thought to myself.

"Oh hi mum."

"Did I wake you? You sound different."

"Um yeah but it's good that you woke me."

"Ok so how's everything been?"

Oh what to tell her. Yeah I got pregnant and my English teachers the father, then I found out he slept with someone else and then I had a miscarriage so now we aren't talking... yeah sorry can't tell her that.

"Nothing much, just um doing what I always do I guess." I laughed slightly.

"Are you okay sweety? You don't sound so good."

"I'm fine honestly." I tried to hold back my tears.

"Well you know you can talk to me about anything don't you?"

"Yeah mum." I whispered.

"Ok so your dad and I will be home soon, we miss you!"

"I miss you too." I smiled, I really did.

"I'll speak to you soon, okay?"

"Ok love you mum."

"Love you too sweety."

I ended the call and quickly checked the time. Gosh it was 8:30pm! Thank god my mum phoned. I looked through some other things on my phone before I got up. I had lots of messages from people, mainly Oliver and Sarah. I just want to shut myself out of the world and not talk to anyone for a few days.

Wait what day is it today even? Uh does it even matter?

Oh wait I've school tomorrow, that means I have to leave the house, and face Oliver... no, no, no.

Guess I'll have to do my best and ignore him. He better not try and put me in a detention or have an excuse to have a word with me after class. I won't turn up.

***

The next day I woke up early and quickly had a shower then got dressed. I skipped breakfast cause I didn't really want anything then headed out nice and early. Wait why am I leaving so early! Ahh.

I arrived at school and met up with all my friends. They have no idea what's going on which is really good but then not so good cause if they see I'm in a mood they'll ask why and I'll have to make something up.

Should I tell them? I mean they are my closest friends, they won't tell anyone I know that.

Yeah I think I will.

Unfortunately as we were walking up to school it started raining so we couldn't stay outdoors. That meant there was only one option...

"Guys we're gonna have to sit down in English," Courtney said. Oh shit.

I'm just gonna crawl up in a corner with my headphones and blank everyone out. I don't mean to be rude but if they knew what was going on they'd understand.

We arrived in English then sat down. Right I'm just gonna tell them now.

"Hey guys? I um I have to tell you all something," I said nervously. They all turned to look at me.

"It's ok you can tell us," Jennifer said. She must have seen my worried expression.

"It'd kind of a long story but I think you all deserve to know what's been going on for most of this year."