Chapter 13

Throughout the day I couldn't be bothered to concentrate in class. I couldn't stop asking the same question over and over again in my mind.

Am I attracted to another teacher?

No, I can't be.

"You alright?" Sarah asked as we were walking out of class.

"Um yeah I'm just tired," I replied.

I wasn't lying, I really was but that's not the whole truth. I'm not going to talk to Sarah about this yet.

I arrived home, did some homework and went to bed later that night.

***

It's been a couple of weeks now and our Christmas holidays are coming up soon.

Everyday I wake up feeling like shit. It's either because the fact that school is getting harder or that my emotions are everywhere.

"Oh god," I said to myself. I checked my timetable and I had double maths. Why?! Does school have to be this cruel?!

I made my way over to maths alone. I didn't want to be bothered by anyone otherwise I'd probably snap at them.

It was only 8:15 and reg didn't start for another twenty five minutes. Aw well.

I sat down on the ground and put my earphones in leaning my head against the wall. I was getting lost in the music when I heard a door open.

"You're in early Leah?" I'd know that London accent from anywhere.

"Hey Springer!" I said getting up. "I know it's early but I didn't know where else to go."

"Do you wanna come into my room?" He asked. I nodded thanks and went in.

"So double maths later! Such fun!" I said sarcastically.

"Oh give it a chance!" He said laughing.

"I've been at this school for five years hoping it would get better and guess what no it hasn't!" I said.

He shook his head and laughed.

"So there's no way I'm giving it a chance, Springer," I finished.

We carried on chatting until he had to ask one question I most certainly did not want to answer!

"Are you ok, Leah? You don't really seem yourself," he asked looking concerned.

I hung my head and sighed.

"Nothing's wrong, at least I think so?"i said then questioning myself.

"You can talk to me anytime you want. You know that right?" He said.

"Course I know that Springer," I smiled. I loved the friendship we had with each other. Yes I could tell him anything but this time I couldn't, it would cause a bit of trouble.

"Here I meant to say to you, there's a trip to Hadrians Wall in Newcastle in June, do you fancy coming along?" Springer asked with hope in his eyes.

I smiled then nodded.

"Yeah sounds brilliant!," I replied. He handed me a note giving me details about the trip. It did look pretty good. I'm definitely going on it!

The bell suddenly went.

"I'll see you soon Springer!" I shouted.

"See you soon!" He called back. I smiled then headed off.

***

It was break and Sarah and I decided to head to the canteen. In case you've been wondering, yes I have been avoiding Olly. I know I shouldn't but I just can't face him right now. Especially since he can read me like a book and would know if something was up.