Chapter 28

(Oliver's P.O.V)

I didn't really intend on going out tonight. It just kind of happened.

I never usually go out on my own but honestly I couldn't care less as I could only focus on my mood which was weighing me down.

I entered the crowded bar, ordered a beer and took a seat near the side. I don't really feel like mixing.

Jeez I look like such a loner. Maybe I should take out my phone and make it look like I'm expecting people? Yeah let's go with that.

I don't really know how long I sat there for but as soon as I looked up, that's when I saw her.

She was just sitting there, all alone just like me. Well maybe she actually is expecting company.

She turned slightly and that's when I got a better look of her.

She had beautiful brown hair that flowed down her back. She also wore a red dress which fitted her perfectly and made her look stunning. There's no way she's all alone.

I don't even know how my legs managed to move but all of a sudden I had managed to lift my beer and head in her direction.

"What's a pretty lady like you sitting here all alone," I tried my best to sound cool. Oh fuck I sound really stupid, she's probably gonna slap me.

I heard a giggle and she flashed this gorgeous smile that took my breath away.

"Well I didn't intend on coming out alone but I had nothing better to do," she smiled at me. Gosh she's got such pretty blue eyes, much like Leah- wait no, I can't think about her right now.

"Can I have another one of these please, oh and whatever the lady's having," I asked the bartender.

There was a short pause before she spoke.

"I'm Clarissa," she extended her hand for me to take, looking up at me through those pretty long lashes of hers.

"And I'm Oliver," I replied taking her hand.

And I know what you're probably thinking, no we did not return home that night with each other. I can be a gentleman you know.

We talked and talked until sunlight was about to come up.

I got to know her quite a bit. I found out she was 24, she currently didn't have a job but worked here and there just to earn some money and she used to travel a lot.

"I actually decided to settle in New York for a little bit," she was explaining to me. "But eventually the whole thrill and excitement died down and I discovered it just wasn't the place for me, I missed home."

God this girl was amazing and pretty breathtaking too. The way she talked and explained things to you, it was like her voice nearly hypnotises you. You hang on to every word she says.

"So you teach English, Oliver, what's that like?" She asked smiling.

"It's really great, I've always had a passion for the subject and I write some things but no ones ever read anything," I laughed nervously.

"Could I maybe read some of your work?" She smiled sweetly. "You seem like you'd have lots of stories to tell."

"Would you really like to?" I asked surprised.

"I'd love to," she replied taking my hand. I immediately got butterflies, is that a guy thing?

And from that night on I was hooked to this girl.

***
(Leah's P.O.V)

"Remember I told you ages ago about that senior party that that guy Tom was having?" Sarah began telling me.

"Yes..?" I asked hesitantly.

"Well guess who just scored us two an invite!" She exclaimed.

"Wow, seriously!" I said smiling. This guy Tom was well known for his parties, we'd never really talked to him so I'm fascinated as to how she managed this one.

"He was just giving an invite to anyone, I'm pretty sure it's our whole year," she laughed. "So it's next Saturday which means we need new clothes ASAP."

I giggled at her bossiness. She was right though, my wardrobe is nearly gathering dust.

It had been just over a week after what I said to Dr Morrison. I didn't mean to say it in a sarcastic or rude way but I think he might of got that sort of impression.

I am happy that's he happy, he's got what I could never give him. A happy life. We just couldn't work no matter how hard we tried.

"Earth to Leah," Sarah was waving a hand in front of my face.

"Sorry I zoned out, what did you say?" I quickly asked laughing it off.

"I said hurry up and get your ass in your car and drive," she demanded.

*

Who thought it would be this hard choosing clothes for a party. I've been to parties before it's not like this is any different. I don't think I'm really in the mood for this.

"Hey Sarah," I called to her.

"Yeah?" She responded from across the shop.

"I think we should do this another time, I'm just not feeling it," I told her.

"Oh come on, you haven't been involving yourself in anything we've all been doing recently," she said sadly. "Come on just another hour." I gave in and continued to look through the racks.

Of course, stupid me never looks where she's going and as I was walking backwards (yes I walk backwards sometimes) I suddenly collided with someone.

"Oh shit I'm so sorry, are you okay?" I quickly turned to see a pretty brunette about my height. She had a pile of clothes in one arm and a very expensive looking bag in the other.

"Well what do you expect when walking backwards into someone?" She snapped back. Jeez that was rude.

"I-I didn't mean it," I protested.

"Hey Clarissa, what's wrong honey?" Oh fuck you're kidding me.

"Just some clumsy people around these shops," she muttered rolling her eyes.

"Leah?" He asked surprised.

"Dr Morrison," I greeted him, dryly.

"You know her?!" Jeez lady calm the fuck down.

"Yes Clarissa, she's one of my ..um students," he stuttered slightly then smiled at her.

God this is the definition of awkward.

She said nothing but just rolled her eyes at me then walked off.

"Sorry about her, she just gets annoyed when she can't find what she's looking for," he laughed trying to make light conversation.

"Maybe she should look for a better attitude and manners," I muttered. Oliver gave me as light look of disapproval. The bloody cheek of him!

"Well um I better get going," I quickly said. I felt the atmosphere getting awkward once again.

"Yeah same here," he replied. "I'll see you in school."

He smiled at me then walked off to find his wife. Well that was weird.

"Hey where were you?" Sarah asked laughing.

"I just had a run in with Dr Morrison and his lovely wife."

*****

Heyyyyy!

I'm sorry for the major gaps in these updates but I'm really trying my best! I hope you all liked this chapter!

I'm curious to know what you all think of Oliver's wife, who now has a name! Let me know in the comments what you all think of Clarissa, I'd love to find out :)

Thanks for all the votes and comments!

- Leah xxxx