Chapter 15

It's now been three weeks since the incident with Oliver and Mr Stretton. I still don't know what his first name is. It's bugging me! Never mind that.

In class I act like nothing happened, anything. Like there was no us, no kissing, cuddling or anything like that. As if I was never so close to him before and I really liked the feeling. But I still felt an emptiness inside of me.

I've gotten closer with Ethan and all of my other friends. I'm not sure if I like him or not it's like my head says yes but my heart says no. Urghh! I hate myself sometimes. My emotions go all over the place!

Christmas is coming closer and closer and I'm really excited! Our school is throwing a masquerade ball! I know it sounds quite strange and stupid but I'm really excited for it!

Everyone was in assembly and we were being told about the ball and the information poster about it is stuck all round school.

After Sarah and I went to have a look at it at break.

"Wow," was all I could say.

"This has gotta be one of the best ideas the school has ever came up with," Sarah joked.

"Oh wait read that," I said pointing to the corner.

It read:

EVERYONE MUST WEAR A MASK
NO ONE IS TO KNOW WHO YOU ARE
IT MUST BE SECRET
KEEP PEOPLE WONDERING WHO YOU ARE

We both looked at each other with excitement in our eyes. This is gonna be amazing.

We have until the 21st December to get sorted. It's already the 2nd so we better get started!

***

We all met up once we got sorted to pick out our dresses. I couldn't contain myself much longer.

We spent hours in one shop that had everything you could ask for, we just couldn't decide which to choose!

"I'm so tired!" Jennifer complained.

"We have to get our dresses today jenny!" Emma says.

She groaned and then spotted something in the corner.

"I want that dress!" She shrieked. We all laugh.

*

We eventually decided on what we wanted then got the shoes which weren't that hard to get.

And if you're wondering how the hell did we pay for all of this?! Our parents insisted on giving us the money. We were all really grateful.

I wish the ball would come sooner!

I got to school on Monday and met up with everyone as per usual but I thought I'd take a visit to see Springer. Haven't seen him in a bit.

I got to maths and knocked on his door which he then opened immediately.

"Hello stranger!" He greeted smiling.

"Hey, thought I'd come see you since it's been a while," I said laughing.

We got chatting then he asked about the ball.

"Are you all sorted then?"

"Yep I can't wait!"

He laughed then I heard the bell go.

"Bye Springer!"

"Bye Leah!"

*

In English I was getting quite uncomfortable. Why? Well cause Oliver was constantly staring at me! I'm kinda freaked out. Whys he doing that?