Chapter 2

BEEP BEEP BEEP!
Tuesday morning. Urgh I was right. I didn't want to get up. I heaved myself out of bed and got ready for the day. I quickly straightened my hair and got breakfast.

"Bye mum, bye dad," I called and headed for the bus stop.

Period 1 - Maths
'Kill me now' I thought. Don't get me wrong I love Maths but I just don't want it first period. I suppose I'd say that about any subject I'd have first.
My teacher, Dr Springer, was like the best you could get. He was always mixing in with the students and is always friendly. Me and him are like best mates. We got closer over the years and he's like a brother to me. Weird right? It was even weirder when I used to have a crush on him haha.

Period 2 - English...with Dr Morrison
"I'm so excited!" Kirsty said, jumping up and down like a little kid. We all laughed and continued walking. I was excited too. Ever since people have said he's fit, I've been desperate to know what he looks like.

We got in and chose our seats. Luckily in English you're allowed to sit wherever you want. We sat at the side opposite his desk. 'I wonder why? I thought haha. The bell went and in he walked. No way. It was the guy from the car park. He's Dr Morrison!

"Ok everyone settle down, so who's ready for another fun year of English?" He asked grinning.

The class groaned in response. He leaned against his desk and I couldn't help but let my gaze wander over his body.

"Aw come on guys I'll try my best to make it fun, I promise," he said. "I decided for today's lesson we should relax and get to know one another. Since I'm new anyway and if you don't know by now, my name is Dr Morrison," he told us.

Oh thank god he wasn't teaching today otherwise I won't be able to concentrate. Well I don't think I ever will.

"So when I call your name, you tell me some things about yourself. Easy enough?" He asked.

I think he could sense the class was tired and it was only second period. He then looked at me and flashed me a smile. My heart went wild. 'Control yourself!' I thought. He then started going through people's names.

"Lorna Maginnes?" He asked.

"That's me!" Lorna said. "Ok well, I'm not afraid to speak my mind, I'm a very laughable person haha and I love JLS," she said.

He smiled, "Very good, ok Leah Potter?"

My heart stopped when he said my name, I started to shake slightly.

"Ah that would be me," I said shyly. "Well I love music, I want to be a singer when I'm older and my favourite bands are The Wanted and Bastille," I said.

"You like Bastille? They're my favourite band too," he said smiling.

Wow I found something in common with him already.

"Yeah I'm going to their concert in a couple of weeks time," I told him. "Very good," he said and winked at me. 'Oh god I think I'm gonna pass out!' I thought.

"Ok how about you guys ask me some questions since I know some things about you all?" He asked. Of course Kirsty was the first to put her hand up.

"Are you single?" She asked. He laughed, "Yes I'm very much single," he said then glanced at me.

'Why did he look at me?!' I thought. Ok this was gonna be one of these moments where I'll think too much about something. I mentally slapped myself and continued to concentrated.

"How old are you?" Someone asked. "I'm 24," he said. Wow he's young.

"Any hobbies?" Someone else asked. "Well I'm into sports. I do a bit of everything," he started to explain.

'No wonder he's fit, he plays a lot of sport. Wow just thinking of him playing sports makes my heart rate increase' I thought. I then started to feel the heat rise in my cheeks.

'Oh god!' I thought. Thankfully the bell went for break. I grabbed my bag and headed for the door.

I took one last look at Dr Morrison. He seen me and smiled at me once more. Sarah then took me out of my thoughts and led me out.

I couldn't hear anything she was telling me, I was too caught up in my thoughts thinking about Dr Morrison.

Something she then said made me very interested. "I think he likes you," she said.

"Who?" I asked. "Dr Morrison!" She almost screamed.

"Wow quiet down there," I warned her. "What makes you think he likes me?" I asked curiously.

"Well it's a bit obvious. He kept on smiling and glancing at you every now and again and was very interested in hearing more about you," she explained.

'She could be right' I thought. No don't be stupid.

"But that doesn't mean he likes me," I said feeling the heat rise to my cheeks.

She didn't say anything but just grinned at me. "Well you obviously like him," she then said.

"Sarah please I don't want an argument over Dr Morrison! I don't like him in that way and I never will," I said. My cheeks were burning red right now.

Do I have feelings for him? Or is this just a simple crush?