Between You and Me

˜"*°•.(Y/n) (L/n).•°*"˜

"Who's your new friend, Maximus?"

"Gosh darn it! I told you, I'm just Max!"

The guy pushes Max aside and stands in front of me. I don't know what bothers me, the bucktooth or his big ears.

"The name's Pikeman. Edward Pikeman, co-counselor of the Wood Scouts."

"(Y/n)..."

"May I speak to David about the talent show?"

"I'M ALREADY HERE!!! Hey co-counselor Pikeman."

David brings Pikeman to his cabin. As nosy as Winnie, I followed them with Max, Nikki, and Neil. We stayed under the window, hoping to listen to Pikeman and David's conversation.

"In two and a half weeks, I want to challenge my wood scouts with your campers in your little talent show."

"Wowee, Pikeman. This talent show is for Camp Campbell."

"Oh shush, don't you want to encourage your campers to the best of their talents?"

"O-of course I do! "

"Let's make a bet. I will include the Flower girls in this. If your selected campers win, then I'm happy to share my camp funds with you, but if they lose..."

"You can't simply take all of them away..."

Gwen steps in and glares at Pikeman. He gave them detailed instruction, each category consisting of how many campers were allowed to join this talent show. Solo, Duo, and Group. We heard the door swing open, and all of us hid behind the cabin to see Pikeman leaving. I burst through the door to see a distraught Gwen and slightly optimistic David.

"Why did you accept?!"

I yelled out my opinions and reasons to refuse. Both Gwen and David explained their troubles.

"Look (Y/n), I know you've been our camper for only three weeks, but we thought if we accept more campers. We get more funds."

"But it didn't work..."

"See, you're a bunch of dumbasses. Now you're dragging me and everyone else into your stupid bets!"

Max points at them angrily, putting them in their faults. Everyone began conversing with one another about the situation, and soon, the whole camp knew. The campers were in outrage as we held a meeting in the Mess Hall.

"You should even tell us sooner that the talent show is in two weeks?!"

"We hung up posters everywhere, dimwit!"

"Everyone, please calm down. You're all a talented bunch. We could beat those scouts if you showcased it."

"DOGSHIT!"

The kids began making a raucous, Winnie began to lose her sanity. She grabbed a nearby bat and slammed it on the table.

"THIS WILL BE YOUR FUCKING SPINE IF YOU ALL DON'T SHUT UP!!!"

The kids stopped immediately. Max snickers and nudges Winnie.

"Bitch, you are the same dumbass when we're younger."

I took a stand as I began telling everyone. Gwen tried to tell me not to explain the dire situation, but all the kids deserve to know. They must know.

"David and Gwen have been keeping from us. The funds of the camp have been depleting since the beginning of summer. I know I wasn't here for a long time or started at the start of summer. Please understand the faults of our counselors. If they needed the funds, we need to do this talent show."