Chapter 28

I scramble to pick up the phone.
"Luke?!" I say, very loudly. Luke is my older brother. An elemental, I assume.
"Yeah, we heard you won the Games. Olivia and I wanna go down there." They haven't called in a year, and now they want to come? Because I...won?
" You want to come after I won? Why not before?" I ask.
"We couldn't because of training, but now we can! Come on. We can go to the gala together!" He chirps.
"Sure, come!" I say. How bad could it be?
----------------------------------------------
We talk for hours until I tell him I have to go. After talking to him I learn it's June 8th. Which means I only have two days to get a dress.
I glance at the clock and see it's midnight. That means I have one day-great.
I change into pijamas, and slump down onto my bed, and sleep.
The next morning I quickly change into a nice short blue dress and go to the dining hall. I scarf down what I can in two minutes and head to the boutique.
The boutique is really pretty . The shop windows are displaying beautiful gowns and dresses. Inside, a pink lace garland runs along the edges of the store. Behind the counter is Faith. She's wearing a pink dress that contrasts nicely with her bright blue hair.
"Faith!" I cheer.
"Zoey! Here to get your Gala dress?" She asks.
I nod as I look around at the gorgeous dresses and displays.
"Well I picked something out for you! What's your size?" She chirps.
I tell her my size and she brings out the most beautiful, blue gown I have ever seen.
The top is a white, bedazzled lace and the bottom is flowy and royal blue. It's sleeveless but looks perfect.
"Wow," I manage, "it's perfect,"
She nods and smiles. "Don't wear it until the day of the Gala!"
I nod as she puts the dress into a bag.
"Thank you!" I exclaim.
"Of course, have a good day!" She cheers.
I take the bag and walk happily back to my room.
There's not much to do anymore around here except...maybe track down Hailee?
Liam might know...I head down to his office and he lets me in.
"Hey!" I exclaim when I see him.
"Hey, what're you doing here?" He asks, looking up from his papers.
"I need your help with something," I say. I tell him about Hailee and how I don't know where she is.
"Ok," he says when I'm done, " I can look her up,"
He turns to his computer and types something in.
"What's her name?" He asks.
"Hailee Stone," I reply. "H-A-I-L-E-E and then Stone," I continue.
He types her name in and hits enter.
He studies the screen then finally says, "Room 816,"
"Thanks, oh also I need to ask you something else," I say, the Victor's Gala in mind. He nods. "Can you come with me to the Victor's Gala?" I ask.
"Of course, but I don't think as your date. I can't get fired." He says.
I nod in understanding.
"Secrets are romantic. But my brother and sister are coming, I'd love to introduce them to you?" I say questionably.
"That I can do," he says, giving me a peck on the cheek.
I thank him and head off to room 816.
I stand in front of the door and knock.
Hailee opens the door,surprised.
"Hi," I whisper. Oh crap, this was a mistake.
"Zoey," she says, stunned.
"I came to ask why you left," I say.
"I just am jealous and I knew if i was there, i would try to sabotage you, but your my best friend so I wouldn't want to hurt you. So I left, I'm sorry, it's better for both of us," she rants. She has a suspicious look...
"I understand, thanks," I shrug and leave.
So much goes through my head as I make my way back to my room.
I slump down onto the bed and go onto the ESM.
I scroll through pictures of people I barely know, and other I fought.
And then there's a knock.
I turn off my phone and open the door.
"Luke! Olivia!"