Chapter 17

Today's the dreaded day. It is the day of the Element Games. I woke up at 6:30 to be ready, in the prep room,by 7:45. I ate breakfast alone in the cafeteria and went straight to Room W132. Faith was standing right outside, waiting for me.
"Hey," she says solemnly. Her blue, pastel hair is pulled back into a perfect bun and she's wearing a nice,white dress, that's cover by a white apron, with her name tag pinned on. She has on white heels and a blue pin that reads- Faith B,Water.
"Hi," I manage.
"Ok, so there's a change of clothes in there, they are specialized for the element and you will have that clothes in the virtual world," she explains as she opens the door.
The room is completely white. It's like the room we did the practice in, but way smaller. In one corner, there's a white bed with wires sticking out, much like the practice one. In the other corner, there's a bunch of liquids and medical stuff in flasks and bottles. There's syringes and needles. I change into the clothes I was given. It's a dark blue and dry-fit jumpsuit. It's skin tight but comfortable.
"Alright Zoey, so if you could just lay down here and I'll do my job," she points to the bed. I lay down and prepare myself. Faith begins to stick wires on me as a blue liquid is being mixed on the other side of the room. The wires go on the same places as always, with a few extras. There are more on my head, arms, and legs, which I assume is to further the emersion.
Suddenly, the mixer beeps and Faith takes the test tube out.
"This is to keep you in the virtual world for as long as needed with the same power strength. Everyone else is getting diluted versions of it, except Kelly," she explains as she pours it into three syringes. They are about an inch long, with a short needle, except for one. One is big, about two inches long, with a long needle. "These go in your arms,legs,and head," she says.
She puts a few more wires on me until the five minute warning is called. She nods and begins to clean an area on my arm to inject the first syringe. It goes in smoothly and comes out fine. It's like that every time. Then, she gets to my head.
"Thirty seconds,this is the thirty second warning," the intercom voice says. Faith sighs and says-"This is gonna hurt, sorry,"
She flips a switch right as she injects me with the last syringe of blue liquid. And everything goes pixelated like the several times before.
---------------------------------------------
At first, all I see is white pixels, then I see trees and grass. It looks like a generic forest, but there's trees with pink and purple leaves and giant mushrooms. There's a skyscraper in the middle of a circle of people. There's at least a hundred people all in this world. In the distance, I see snow and past that, a desert.
I look at everyone, some look scared and some look very confident.
"3" a voice says.
"2" says another.
"1"
And the commotion begins. Everyone runs around like crazy. I start running. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm running, fast and far.