Chapter 10

Mrs. Laimore had white hair that was pulled back into a messy bun. She was old, very old. Her glasses were small,thin circles that rested on her pointy nose. Everyone who came in went straight to a desk and didn't look her in the eye. So I did the same. As soon as everyone is there she begins droning on on how the first elemental was a crazy man who injected himself with dirt and became a man with earth powers. She was very boring. The whole class was boring until someone accidentally shot a ball of dirt out their hand. The guy's face turned a bright red and guards were called in. Before taking him away, he was injected with the green liquid and immediately was knocked out.  Everyone ignores it, except me. What is it with the green liquid?
All my classes go by very slowly but eventually, it's 5th period,lunch. I get a lunch then head to Liam's office and once I'm at the door, I knock. A man answers-but it's not Liam. He's wearing a mask.
"Who are you?" He asks, in a deep, masculine voice.
"Um, I lost something so I was, uh told to...come here," I quickly say. He nods and leaves. I walk in and Liam is sitting in the chair with a nervous expression.
"What's wrong?" I ask.
"Oh, uh...nothing just him, you should leave," he says.
"But, I came for you," I say.
"Please just go,"he says.
"But..."
"GO!" He yells. I take the hint and leave. I sit down in front of his office and eat lunch there.
I check my schedule and the rest of my classes look...well...okay.
6th-Mr.Lineson-Outdoor Survival-#766
7th-Ms.Rayon-Real World Survival-#450
8th-Mr.Pones- Virtual Reality Studies-#221
I go down all the floors until I'm at the 7th floor. Mr.Lineson is standing outside his door with an angry face. He looks at me up and down as I walk in.
"Excuse me miss. Aren't you Zoey Riggs?" He asks in a British accent.
"Uh, yeah,why?" I say, nervously.
"You are going to sit in the front Miss Riggs. Next to me," he says. I nod and sit in a desk in the front. He comes in and stands in front of me for a minute. He shakes his head and walks away. The class starts and he begins a explaining why we have to take this class.
"You are probably wondering why you have to take this class. Well it's for something called the Element Games. Think of it as a...competition, free for all, that proves the elements strength and your individual strength. So you need to know how to survive," he says. Several people gasp and start looking around.
"Oh don't worry," he says. "You won't die, it's all virtual. You feel the pain but really it's just...fake. Hmm, what else what else," he continues explaining how it works but I couldn't care less. Liam didn't tell me about this? It's such a BIG thing! How could he have possibly left this out? He knew!! I am so mad- that there's a pile of ice next to me.