Chapter 13

Boredom. Pure boredom. It was Saturday night and while everyone else was hanging out and having fun, I was alone in my room. Of course Hailee was gone doing who knows what and Zack was probably somewhere with Kelly. I am just on ESM, the Elemental Social Media site looking at all the fun things everyone was doing. We aren't allowed to use mainstream social media because of the 'Elemental Secret'. Out of nowhere, there's a knock on my door. I sigh and stand up, slightly curious. I open the door and it's Zack. He doesn't say a word.
"Can I help you?" I ask, sarcastically. He stays quiet.
He finally mutters something,but I don't hear him.
"What?" 
He whispers something again. I shake my head,"still don't hear ya," I say. Then he leans in and pecks me on the lips. My eyes widen. 
"I like you," he says quietly. I half-smile.
"And Kelly?" I question.
"Yeah, and Kelly?" Suddenly, Kelly is right next to us in the hall. She's wearing all black. A black button up top, black jeans, black combat boots, and black fingerless gloves. Startled, Zack turns to look at her. Death elemental. She is a Death elemental.  Zack looks at me, worried. Kelly clenches her fists and goes stiff. "So, y'all really decided to mess with a Death elemental,eh?" She shakes her head and chuckles. She balls her hands together and when she pulls them apart there's a ball of black flames and sparks.
Out of nowhere, Liam appears behind us.
"Li-Officer Steele?" I shout.
"Miss Riggs," he nods my way. "Excuse me miss, but it seems you are inappropriately using your power. Please come with me." Her black ball turns into ash and some other guards appear and take Kelly away, but they don't inject her with the green liquid.
"Uh, excuse me Miss Riggs but may I talk to you, alone," Liam says politely.
"Oh, um, sorry Officer but I was just about to ask her something," Zack says, "alone."
"I apologize, however this has to due with a room inspection, private room inspection. I'll take five minutes," Liam says courteously.
"Sorry Officer, by all means go ahead," Zack says, gesturing us into my room. I go in and Liam follows behind me. As soon as the door closes Liam hugs me tight.
"I'm so sorry," he says sympathetically.
"What?" I ask, very confused. I pull out of the embrace.
"Collins forced me to say that, I like you...a lot, and when you came to eat lunch in my office the man in the mask that came out was the 'Boss' and he is in charge of everything and I like you," he says without a breath. A smile slowly forms on my face.
"Officer-"  I begin.
"Liam, just Liam," he corrects.
"Liam, I like you too," I say, hugging him again. "A lot." He smiles from ear to ear.
"Well I have to go, see you in the library tomorrow at say... seven?" He asks. I nod and open the door. Right outside is Zack. Right ,Zack.
"All is in order, thank you Miss Riggs and Mr. Bolt," Liam says in his officer voice. Zack nods him off.
"Is it ok if we talk in your room?" He asks.
"Yeah, yeah,yeah" I say quickly. We enter and immediately he starts talking.
"I like you," he says, nodding. "Would you...uh, go...um out w-w-with me?" He manages. I freeze.
Now what?

                                                                                             End of Part 1