Chapter 9

Eventually we have to go to class. I am so nervous yet confident. I glance at my map and find Mr. Reagle's class- room 583. I find the door, take a deep breath, and step in. There's several people already so it's not awkward. The room is huge. It's like an auditorium. There's a board in the front of the room and tables in front of cushioned seats. A man who I assume is Mr.Reagle is seated in the front corner of the room. He has messy brown hair with visible specks of white in it and a faded blue streak. He has thick square glasses and is wearing a fancy suit and tie. His desk is messy, hinting he's laid-back...or stressed. 50/50 chance.  I look around for anyone I know and I see Hailee and a few people who were sitting with us at mealtimes. I walk over to a seat near them. They greet me and start a conversation. I get bored and look at the door for a miracle- Zack or possibly even Liam. I look away for a second and out of nowhere comes Zack....followed by Liam. Oh no. I wave, but I'm not sure to who. They both wave back. Liam starts going to Mr. Reagle while Zack comes to me.
"What a coincidence!" He cheers.
"Yeah, yeah...totally," i say, referring to Liam. He plops down next to me and lays back. He smiles at me with his perfect shiny teeth. Meanwhile, Liam is talking to Mr.Reagle about who knows what. Their conversation goes back and forth for a while until Liam smiles and nods.
Suddenly a bell rings. Every seat is filled and the door is shut. Mr. Reagle stands up and goes to the middle of the front of the room.
"Good morning class! I am Mr. Chris Reagle. You can call me Mr. Reagle or just Reagle or even Reagle the Beagle, your choice. Alright! THIS here is Officer Steele, my teaching assistant," he waves Liam over.
"Hey everyone, I'm Officer Steele, the,uh, teaching assistant. I am also an officer here, meaning I have the ability to write you up," he laughs,"That's all, just wanna say- Reagle is the best teacher you'll have here. Ok, I'm gonna sit over there," he points to a stool next to Reagle's desk. Hailee leans over to me and whispers-
"Isn't that the officer that did a room check on us?" She asks. Oh, that.
"Yeah! Uh, weird, huh?" I respond. I hear several girls whispering about 'how cute he is' or 'how he's the definition of perfection'. I try to ignore them and focus on Reagle.
"Ok, so here at the National School of Elementals, we don't spend a day on rules, just a few minutes. Ok ,list of rules" he pulls out a piece of paper."Ahem. One- no disrespect. Two- listen. And three, the most important rule- DO NOT USE YOUR ELEMENT UNLESS TOLD TO!" He yells. Everyone whispers."Alright! Let's get right into the Elements. Since this is just introduction to elements, I'll start simply. You all have element powers. This means your parents are also Elemental, and your siblings. It's genetic." He continues. Everyone looks confused. A girl in the back raises her hand.
"Yes, in the back. Name and element?" He responds.
"Hi! Im Daisy Elbert and I'm an earth Elemental. Um, so why did no one tell us before?" She asks. Mr.Reagle nods.
"Well! They can't. Only Puissant nts can. Before you ask, a Puissant is a Elemental that is a spy and uses all power for evil, mainly the children do. That's why Zoey Riggs over there " he points to me, "is different.More people are feared though not just Zoey. No one is supposed to know about their powers or how to use them...yet" I nervously bite my lip. Liam suddenly breaks in and says-"Good different, smart!" He steps back.
"ARE YOU CALLING THE REST OF US DUMB!?!"  Some one calls from the back.
"No,no it's just explaining!" Liam calls back,shaking his head.
"Ok, Liam is done talking," says Mr.Reagle,"so the thing is, it's not normal and people who use their elements, are punished by a certain thing, we can not mention." He keeps talking and talking about elements and such. I can't stop thinking about the punishment. I drone out most of his lecture until I hear something that catches my attention- Elemental Matches. "Elemental matches," Mr.Reagle says, "meaning which elements can be together, uh, romantically." He heads to the board and writes WATER in bold letters. Next, he writes all the other elements on two sides. Water, earth, wind, metal, lightning, myth, and life on one side and fire, death, lightning, and metal on the other. He points to the side with water on it and says- "all of these can go together." He points to the other side and says-"these can go together, but these," he points to both,"can't, or something...happens,".
"What?" I call.
"Nothing, you'll learn in history," he says, quickly changing the subject. He keeps talking and talking until a bell rings, which I assume means switching classes. I stand up and go to Liam.
"Hey!"I say happily.
"Hey! What's up?" He says with an equal amount of cheerfulness.
"Nothing just about to go to Mrs." I glance down at my paper, "Laimore's class!"
"Oh, well I gotta go,meet ya for lunch, my office?" He says, starting to leave.
"Yeah, yeah, show me Laimore?" I ask. He nods and starts leading me down two flights of steep stairs and down a long hallway to Mrs. Laimore's class. I thank him and he heads off. History,fun.

Elementalजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें