Chapter 27

That night I floated to my room, without the need for a wheelchair. I was on cloud 9.
When I got to my room there was a note taped on the door.
It said:
Thanks for the good times. I got a new room.
-Hailee ❤️
I open the door and all of Hailee's stuff is gone. My smile fades. Oh. I knew she was mad but I thought we could get over it.
Her pretty blue comforter is gone, her clothes is gone, nothing is on her desk, and her mirror is gone. The only thing she left was her makeup table, without the makeup.
I fold up the wheelchair and put it in a corner. Then I plop down on my bed.
I was extremely happy and sad at the same time.
Hailee was my best friend here, and now she's gone. Who knows where she went?
Suddenly there's a knock on my door.
I open it and there stands a man in a tuxedo holding a scroll of parchment paper with something written on.
"Attention Miss Zoey L. Riggs, you are hereby invited to the Victor's Gala, a black tie event celebrating the courage and strength of the victor, or victors in this scenario. The Gala will take place on the 10th of June, 2022, at 6:30 to 11:30 pm. Please be there with formal attire of your elements color. If you are in need of formal attire visit the Elemental boutique for a free dress. All students are expected to attend, however you must attend. Thank you," the man says formally. He bows and hands me a small envelope with a blue wax seal. On the seal is the Elemental symbol.
"Thank you," I say as I close the door.
Carefully, I open the envelope and take out the card. It says:
The Victor's Gala
June 10th, 2022
6:30-11:30pm
Black tie event, please dress in formal attire
-The National School of Elementals
I grab a pin and pin the invitation onto my cork board.
Out of nowhere, I get a call on my cell phone.
"Hey, its Zoey," I say when I pick it up.
"Hi Zoe, it's Luke."
I drop the phone.