Chapter 43

Annabeth’s P.O.V.

“So we’re going to a park?” Harry asked from beside me on the passenger’s seat and I huffed, annoyed by the fact that he has been interrogating me with his questions since Thursday, causing me to regret ever bringing up the idea of hanging out with him.

Rolling my eyes, I spoke, “Yeah, are you satisfied now?” I looked over at him and found that goofy smile plastered across his face. Dork.

“Mhm,” He hummed, proving that he is. “But may I ask you why exactly a park?”

“You know, we can change our path and cancel the whole night out. Just pointing that out for you to consider.” I snapped and heard him scoff. He’s probably rolling his eyes right now, but I’m too focused on the road ahead of me so I can’t look.

“No, I’m fine, though I’m starting to get bored by the long drive.” I gasped then pouted, glancing over at him while doing so to fake being hurt, causing him to chuckle.

“You’re not enjoying your time with me?” I whined in a very annoying baby voice and he laughed this time, causing me to smile, but not laugh.

It’s still hard to laugh, still hard to smile, but I’ve learnt to do so despite the pain that’s been trying to stop me. I have been really coping well and I’m getting to enjoy bits of my days and surprisingly, these bits are when I’m spending time with Harry. It’s weird how much of a changed person he is, but at the same time, he’s still the same cheeky Harry of the past.

I guess he’s just a bit more responsible now, that is, and he thinks about what he says or does before doing so. He’s more mature and grown up, I guess time does change people a lot. For good, or for bad, but in Harry’s case; it’s to the better.

“We’re here,” I let out a heavy breath once we parked in front of the park then I turned the key in the ignition, causing the engine to go dead. I got out of the car and shut the door behind me, just as Harry shut his. I stared at the huge, all too familiar park ahead of the both of us.

“Victoria Park, huh?” I heard Harry breath then looked over at him to find his mouth agape while h stared at the wide green area ahead of us. Smiling, I nodded my head but remembered he can’t hear me so I spoke up.

“Yeah, remember?” I smiled at the memories; I’m not the kind of person who remembers the moments with his ex and frowns or grieve over it, I’m the kind who smiles and cherishes the moments for it will always be good memories.

Harry mumbled a reply I didn’t catch, but I decided to ignore it. “Aren’t we going in or what?” I asked, already impatient. His gaze finally averted from the park to me and I smiled once he looked into my eyes. These eyes of him are so dazzling I could stare at them all day.

“Let’s go,” He spoke and I let out an excited squeal someone my age shouldn’t be letting out, but who cares? I’m getting to relive one of my happiest memories, though we’re not together as we used to be back then.

We were walking around the park, silence engulfing us. There are moments when silence is so much better than words, it just relaxes you and makes you feel comfortable. I have to admit silence could sometimes turn awkward and this happens all the time between me and Harry, but that wasn’t the condition right now.

The sun was shining and spreading its rays, keeping us slightly warm in the cold air breeze of tonight. I suddenly stopped and Harry stopped too once he noticed my absence. Walking to the opposite direction, I started jogging towards my destination and felt footsteps, rather speedy ones rushing behind me in order to catch up.

“Hey Annabeth, wait up!” He yelled for me to hear, but I didn’t do as ordered, in fact, I quickened my pace to arrive there as soon as possible.