Chapter 36

Annabeth’s P.O.V.

“Hey, Dr. Chase?” I heard someone call from behind then turned around to find Mia, one of the receptionists waving at me. I raised my brows at her, not knowing what she wanted.

“Excuse me, Dr. Chase but do you know where Dr. Styles is?” The young lady was out of breath, I assume she had run all the way here?

“Uh, I guess he’s with a patient now, why?” I softly spoke, waiting patiently for her to catch her breath and answer me.

“He has a phone call, someone called Liam Payne I believe?” I smiled.

“I’ll go and inform him now, thank you Mia.” She smiled in response then turned and walked away to her original position.

I grabbed my clipboard tightly to my chest then walked in the crowded hallway of the hospital towards the children department. The tension between me and Harry subsided slightly as we both chose to forget what had happened, though the words seem to play themselves in my mind 24\7.

I don’t really want to lose my friendship with Harry, I mean he’s fun to be around and by work judgment; we have to talk or work with each other at least half the time here as our duties were slightly similar. I also don’t want to lose my friendship with him because of that matter; I reject creating problems out of love for anything.

“Ay Max!” I called out to a fellow of mine and Harry, he would absolutely know where Harry was as he was all around the hospital all the time, and may I add doing nothing?

“Hey there, Annabeth, what’s up?” I chuckled as he looked like roaming around the place, doing nothing again.

“Yeah, yeah, I’m good. But have you seen Styles around? We need him.” He smiled then pointed towards one of the X-Ray rooms.

“Over there with a patient, I guess. Kid of course.” He rolled his eyes and I shook my head, chuckling.

“Thanks Max, and please find anything to do in here rather than gossiping with the nurses!” I joked and he threw his head back in laughter before pointing a finger towards me.

“I wouldn’t promise you of that, Chase!” Then he walked away, leaving me smiling and heading towards the X- Ray room at the end of the narrow corridor.

After knocking swiftly on the door, I opened it to find Harry carrying a kid and showing him something on the X-Ray monitor. I smiled widely at the sight in front of me. The kid extended his arm and pointed towards something hidden then said something, causing Harry to throw his head back in laughter.

This was probably one of the best scenes man could see in his life. A doctor carrying a kid patient and showing him something on the monitor while joking over it with him. I spotted a woman at the very back end of the room who was smiling; I presume she was the mother.