Chapter 12

It was already 11:00 PM and we were still laughing hard or sharing stories. I loved Harry’s family so much and I know it’s really crazy of me to love or even trust anyone in just a small period of time, but that’s my personality I guess. I am a person who trusts people quickly, like my friends; Sarah, Melina and Steph. I told them how much I loved Harry on the first day I met them, but that was because they were really sweet and kind to me, they even helped me. They proved they’re worth this trust because they haven’t told anyone about my love for Harry and they even help me with a lot of things.

I was at the door saying my goodbyes as it was getting really late and I needed to wake up early and study as I am really missing a lot of lessons and I need to finish my Biology project before going to work.

“It was really great meeting you, Beth. We had such an amazing time with you, hope to see you soon.” Anne, Harry’s mother, said as she hugged me.

“It’s such a pleasure spending time with you too Mrs- I mean Anne and I really did enjoy too.” I said. Gemma hugged me then and told me how great it is to see me.

“I think you need a lift, huh?” Harry said.

“Oh, no, its fine, I’ll just get a cab or walk.” I said back. He raised his eyebrows at me then wore his jacket and handed me mine.

“I don’t take “no” as an answer.” He said while smirking. He opened the door and gestured for me to get out before him.

“Thanks.” I said as he closed the door behind him. He shrugged to let me know that it’s nothing, but to me, it was a big thing.

We got in Harry’s huge car and buckled up. Harry started the engine and we drove away. The ride home was silent, Harry tapping his fingers on the steering wheel and I, looking outside the window and glancing at Harry often. We finally arrived in front of my apartment and Harry parked his car. I unbuckled my seat belt and looked at him.

“Thank you again, Harry. I had so much fun. See you soon, I guess.” I said awkwardly and he smiled to me. I guess that was his response so I reached the door handle and was about to turn it in order to open the door, but I was stopped by Harry’s hand on my wrist.

I turned and looked at him.

“Um, well there’s a party tomorrow in my place. It’s for my birthday so; will you be able to come?” He said and he rolled his eyes while he said it was because of his birthday which caused me to giggle.

“Yeah, that would be awesome.” I smiled and he did too. I remembered I had so many plans tomorrow. “What time is it?” I curiously asked.

“Eight I guess.” Evening or Morning? “Evening.” He answered as if he had read my thoughts. I guess I’ll just wake up early and finish all of my studies before my shift.

“Well, see you at eight tomorrow then.”

“Annabeth, I just want to tell you how sorry I am for what my Dad said and I-” He started.

“Harry, it’s really nothing. He probably didn’t mean saying it this way, though.” I tried to convince him, but mostly me. “Everything’s fine.”