Chapter 9

Picture of Annabeth on the side (: x

I stared at my ringing phone for a moment or so, I gulped hard then answered the call. 

“Hello.” I spoke into the phone.

 “Hello? Beth? Is that you? Are you okay?” Melina asked through the phone. I rolled my eyes at her last question! No Melina, Harry killed me and that’s my ghost answering the phone!

 “Yes Melina. Why wouldn’t I be?”

 “Well, I tried calling you several times on your phone but you didn’t reply!” Melina cried and I instinctively kept the phone away from my ear.

 “I’m sorry, Melina. My phone was dead, um, and I think that you mustn’t worry about me that much, you know! It was just a date, with Harry!” I said as I tried to explain that there’s nothing wrong with Harry and that going out on a date with Harry isn’t like walking to a lion’s trap!

 “I guess that’s why I must be worried.” She said dramatically and I tried not to yell at her or hung up the phone on her. She was so weird and overreacting. I don’t know what happened between her and Harry, but there’s absolutely something wrong between them! And I intend on knowing what!

 “Melina, what’s wrong with you and Harry? You always seem to have a strange fear and anger when it comes to Harry, is everything alright?” I asked and I insist on having answers immediately.

 “Beth, are you occupied or busy tomorrow?” She asked and I sat up straight on my bed. Is she going to tell me? Is there anything serious? Should I worry!?

 “Well, Mel I have a shift at the bakery tomorrow, but you could come and we’ll talk while I work. I actually only take the customers orders so no big deal of a job to do!” I tell her.

 “That sounds great! I’ll come at, when does your shift end?” She asked.

 "At four o'clock, why?'

 “I’ll come at three then.”

 “That’s great! I have to get to sleep now, goodnight!” I said as I hung up. I felt really exhausted from everything that had happened today and as soon as I lay down in bed, I fell asleep!

-----------------

 My shift in the bakery starts at eight o’clock and ends at four. So far, it’s already two thirty and as usual, nothing interesting happens! I keep on taking people’s orders and give it to them. One customer called Ashley Cooper, who is a regular customer at our bakery, showed up today. She always wore black, depressing clothes and her long, black hair and black eyeliner along the black mascara she wears add more depression to her look. She is a beautiful girl, but she never smiles or listens to anything I say interestingly. She just stares at nowhere. She even orders only one particular thing every time she comes here; cupcakes. She would never eat them though, just stare at them. It was strange and weird and I always avoided her. Suddenly another customer was in front of me, waiting for me to take his orders as I’m the cashier. To my surprise, it was Ms. Morgan. She was a lovely lady, but didn’t come here very often. I smiled at her then she smiled back her kind smile I always loved.

 “Hello Ms Morgan, always nice to see you.” I greeted her.

 “Hello, sweetie, nice to see you too, Anna Bee.” She said and I kept my eyes from rolling at the nickname she gave me. She thought I was cute as a bee so she calls me Anna Bee. She has this obsession over bees, it’s spooky!

 “Thank you Ms Morgan, so any new orders or the usual?”

 “The usual, but I want another thing.”