Chapter 19

Sparks ignited through me. Every time we kiss, I get more unused to it, I get those butterflies in my stomach and my knees weaken. I brought my hand up to his hair and ran my fingers through it causing him to moan. Once we were both out of breathe, he pulled back and I tried to hide the smile on my face and the redness on my cheeks. He pushed some hair strands of mine behind my ear then kissed my cheek softly causing me to close my eyes. I would never understand what this boy is doing to me. I swear he will one way or another drive me mad with his every glamorous thing.

“Shall we start?” He asked and it took me a while to understand what he means.

“Yeah, sure.” I said and headed towards the couch and sat on it, patting the spot next to me for his to sit on, which he eventually did. I grabbed the Biology book and opened it to the page of the lesson Harry doesn’t understand.

“Well, that’s everything!” I weakly said then yawned, covering my mouth with my hand. I held my phone and checked the time. It was already six thirty. “Do you understand now?” I looked at him to find him staring intensely at me. He smiled then nodded which caused me to smile back.

“You’re such and amazing teacher, Ms. Chase.” He said and I lifted my head up high.

“I know!” I stated proudly. “You should be honored that I taught you.” I continued and he playfully smacked me on my left arm which caused me to laugh.

“Don’t get your hopes up. You’re not the queen, you know!” He joked and I pushed him.

And you’re not the king yourself.” I spoke.

“Who knows, maybe one day?” He said and I laughed hard. “What’s so funny?”

“Nothing, I just imagined you dressed in a suit and everything. Oh my god, that’s hilarious!” I laughed even more and wiped away some tears. I looked at him to find him looking at me with brows furrowed and arms crossed over his chest which caused me to laugh even more; he looks like a child.

“Are you drunk?” He asked and I laughed. Am I drunk? No. It’s just whenever I cry so hard, I laugh at the silliest things when I stop crying. It’s weird, but that’s who I am.

“Of course not!” I defended myself when I finally stopped laughing.

“Good.” He replied and before I could say anything, his phone vibrated in his pocket. He grabbed it and brought it to his ears.

“Hello? Yeah. Um, Okay. Alright. Bye.” He said and I remained silent. He finally placed his phone back in his pocket then looked at me. “That was my mom. She wants me to go home because there’s something um, that she, um” He stammered and I patted his shoulder.

“Its okay, Harry. Go.” I told him.

“Well, thanks for the explanation. I guess I’ll have to keep less attention to what Mr. Parker says in order to have you explain everything to me.” He said once we were at the door and I looked down shyly at the ground. My cheeks are probably on fire by now.

“I had an amazing time showing off my talent too.” I teased which caused him to shake his head and chuckle lightly. I smiled at his adorableness and reached my hand for him to shake, but he had a different idea.

He took my hand in his and pulled me to him then crashed his lips on mine. I widened my eyes in surprise, but soon recovered and closed them. Once we pulled back, he smiled at me widely, showing his lovely dimples. I smiled shyly at him.

“Goodnight, Anne.” He spoke quietly in his raspy voice. This name, special may I add that he gave me sends chills down my spine whenever he calls me by it. I grinned at him before replying.

“Goodnight, Harry.” I said finally before he walked away towards the elevator and I stood watching him until he disappeared. I smiled to myself remembering every single detail of today’s events as I walked inside my apartment and shut the door behind me.

My life is becoming a lot better, I thought to myself as I hurried to the kitchen and poured myself a glass of water to drink. I think that smile on my face won’t be leaving anytime soon.

“Have a nice day.” I called back to the customer who just left. I checked the clock and found it 12:30. Almost three and a half more hours to go.

I don’t hate my job, but it’s quite boring to be honest. The only thing I like about it is that I don’t have to work really hard and I can study while working on the cashier. Above all, I get paid quite well, who doesn’t wish for a job like that. Another good thing about the job is that the customers here come regularly and they all know and like me, which is a good thing because I hate working with mean people.

I put my headphones on and played Let Her Go by Passenger. I began humming to the song and tapped my fingers on the cash register. I really like this song. I saw someone enter the bakery from the corner of my eyes and instantly pulled the headphones from my ears before pausing the song. My mouth was wide open as I stared at the jet black haired girl. Ashley Cooper.  I needed to talk to her, to clarify everything in my mind. I know that it’s not gonna be that easy and that it might never happen as she may not tell me anything about Harry or worse, she may not even bother to look at me as she seem to be lost in her own world, but why not give it a try. If she really did love Harry, then I’m sure we both would get along really well.

I grabbed a tray with the usual cupcake she always order on top of it, maybe in this way, she could be a little more friendly. I let out a deep breath and walked towards her nervously. She was sitting on a chair with her hands on the table and she looked at them intensely. She was wearing a red shirt with a strange drawing on it, black skinny jeans and black boots that looked so much like Harry’s. Wow, this girl is really addicted to him.

I stood there at her table awkwardly, but she didn’t notice my existence. I need her to know that I mean her no harm, that I only plan on being friends with her, that I am trapped in the position she was in before minus the girlfriend part and that I needed her help to answer the millions of unanswered questions in my head. I could also be helpful to her, I could be friends with her and get her out of the state she’s in, maybe I could let her get over Harry and live her life normally. I need her and she needs me.

Cliffhanger! :D Sorry, but it’s really late and I’m feeling sleepy! I imagine Ashley as Kristen Stewart on the Runaways. She fits Ashley perfectly, picture on the side. Anyway, I might update tomorrow, who knows? Love you all, bye.

-NadineXx