Chapter 17

“I’m fine. What about you?” I asked him as he sat down beside me. I must say that even though I spent the last five months really close to Harry, I still get butterflies in my stomach whenever he’s close to me. It’s just maybe I still can’t believe that I am talking and getting to hangout with Harry or that being with the person you love the most feels like this. I certainly don’t know, but I do know that by the time, I am falling deeper and deeper for Harry.

“I’m good.” He said, nodding. Something about him was off when he replied, but I decided to shrug it off. “So, how many guys have asked you to prom yet?” He asked with a smirk on his perfect face. I remembered Tyler and Matt inviting me and smiled.

“Tyler did and you already saw Matt.” I said. “I never expected them to do so, though. How strange.”

“Why didn’t you? I mean, you’re the number one topic everyone talks about right now in our school.” He said like it’s obvious. I never in a million years expected this to happen. I never expected to be popular in my school.

“Well, I don’t know. I guess I’m not yet used to it.” I shrugged.

“Well, I guess no one will be asking you anymore.” He said as he folded his arms over his chest while he sat down on his chair.

“And why’s that?” I cocked an eyebrow at him.

“Because Matt just knew that you’re going with me and trust me, no one messes with my property.” He said and I almost choked on my non-existent liquid. My property? What does he mean? Just before I was about to ask him the meaning of what he said, Mr. Parker entered the class room and began talking about the exams, which is pretty soon.

Class soon ended and I gathered my things and looked over at Harry. “So, how’s Anne and Gemma?” I asked as we stepped out of the classroom together. Harry smiled at the mention of his family and then looked at me.

“They’re good, great actually. Gemma is doing really good at her university and she’s got a boyfriend who’s actually pretty cool. She’s travelling with him to Paris at the end of the semester.” He said and I smiled.

“Well, that’s great! I hope the best for her.”

“Me too.” He smiled again. He must really love his sister.

“How about your dad? Is he good?” I asked and soon regretted as his face instantly dropped. I bit on my lower lip in frustration.

“Well, he’s being the dick he is, nothing new.” He harshly said and I was pretty shocked at how he spoke about his father, but I guess there must be a reason behind all of this.

“I’m really sorry, Harry.” I said as I patted his back as we walked towards our lockers together. He just shrugged then turned towards his locker without saying another word.

Harry’s relationship with his father must be really complicated because he was happy and all before his father was mentioned then his mood instantly dropped after mentioning him. His father is pretty harsh and he must have done something really bad. I know that I’m judging him pretty quickly, but his reaction when he knew that I was working in a bakery made me know how much he judges people by their money and that’s a bad thing.

I opened my locker and grabbed my things for my next period and then headed to my class. I entered Literature and sat down beside Sarah who was smiling widely.

“What’s up?” I casually said once I sat down. She looked at me and her eyes were shinning brightly behind her glasses.

“Guess what?” She said and I shot her a confused look. “Zayn asked me to go with him to the prom!” She squeaked happily. I grinned then hugged her tightly.