Chapter 34

The last four days of mine were spent in work or at the location of the wedding to help the boys decorate. I eventually helped them without smashing or breaking anything. The garden had lots of colorful lights hanging everywhere to light up the place when it gets dark. We also managed to set up the huge wedding tent in case it started raining or if it turned too windy to be handled as the weather was incredibly unstable.

We had set up the tables and chairs, as well as helped Liam write down the guests' names and divide them equally amongst the tables. I kept searching for any descent artists to come and play in the wedding, but failed. So, we decided on playing normal music.

Annabeth and the girls on the other hand, didn't do anything but shop and set up this pre-wedding party for Melina. Liam didn't have one as we were very busy in the wedding rush. I wonder why Liam hasn't assigned a wedding planner to take care of everything instead of us.

Today was the wedding day and I was just lying on my bed, arms folded over my chest and staring at the ceiling of my room. Thoughts of what could happen today flooded my mind. What will Annabeth wear? What hairstyle will she style her beautiful hair in? How will she look like? What will she do? What? Why? How? Which? Questions, questions, questions.

But I knew for sure something; she won't be dancing with me tonight. She won't sit beside me and hold my hand under the table and she for sure won't look at me in a loving way while the couple is reciting their vows.

What pained me the most, though, is that she'll be doing all these little gestures with Josh. She'll tell him she loves him, and whenever I imagine her saying this to him, my heart breaks even more.

I heard my phone go off beside me then held it and looked at the ID of the caller to find it Niall.

"Hey mate, you coming with me and Steph?" He asked as soon as I answered the phone.

"Uh... No, Niall. I have to pick up Mum and Gems as they're also invited. You two guys go by yourselves; I wouldn't want to be a third-wheel anyways." I heard Niall laugh from the other line and smiled.

"Well, you really would've been a burden." I rolled my eyes, but the smile never left my face. "Anyway, I have to hang up now, see you today bro. Stay safe." I said my goodbyes then hung up.

I checked my watch and found the time already two thirty. I don't really care about my appearance, but it's my best friend's wedding and I have to at least look descent. A sigh escaped my lips as soon as I stood up and headed towards my wardrobe. I reached and opened it before searching for the tuxedo I bought with the guys. I finally found it then threw it carelessly on the bed.

As I am one of the groomsmen, I have to wear a red tie and a black button up shirt because Melina chose the colors red and black for the decorations. I don’t really know why Melina chose those colors for the decorations because it’s making the garden and the tent a bit dark, but it’s her wedding. I have been informed that the bridesmaids are also wearing red dresses with black accessories. It’s gonna be such a long day.

After taking a shower, I wore my tux and tied the tie carelessly. I looked at my reflection in the mirror; pale face, pale lips, dark bags under my eyes and a very tired expression. Sighing, I combed my messy hair back then wore my watch. I grabbed my phone to check the time and found it already three; I better get going if I don’t wanna be late for the wedding at four.

The ride to my once called home in order to pick up mum and Gemma wasn’t very long; I’m lucky I bought an apartment close to everything, even Annabeth’s home.

“Hi, honey.” My mother greeted as soon as she entered the car. I hugged her tight then pulled back, smiling at her.

“Hey, mum.” I looked at the back seat and found Gemma. “Gems,” I grinned.