[Chapter 10] First Arrival

The journey down the stone brick steps was quiet, except for the faint dripping and the regular whimper from Zoey.

Kira started to wonder why she volunteered to go to The End if she got scared so easily, when they made it to the bottom.

"Ok, usually in movies and junk they say 'split up, we'll find it quicker' but down here, if you split up, you'll die quicker, so..."

Kira started but drifted off as she frowned. She turned, listening for that sound she thought she heard.

"What is it?" Hannah asked. Kira didn't respond, instead she narrowed her eyes.

"Nothing" she mumbled, and was about to take a step forwards when she whipped her head around.

Like a moth attracted to a flame, she started to walked to a tunnel.

"This way" she said, without even a glance at anyone else.

"She must have heard the portal" Rythian explained.

"You can hear portals?" Simon asked.

"You can't. Enderborn's can"

He said and followed her sister. Everyone else, which consisted of Lewis, Simon, Duncan, Hannah, Sips, Sjin, Zoey and Kim followed.

***

After about five minutes of winding stone corridors with no hope of finding their way back, they arrived at the portal room.

In the middle of the room, suspended above a pool of lava, were twelve End Portals.

Kira snatched some Ender Eyes from Duncan and placed one in each Portal. She hesitated with the last one, for upon placing it, the portal appeared instantly, making her jump slightly.

Kira turned to the others.

"Ok, here's the plan" she said.

"Finally" Duncan muttered.

"Zoey, Duncan, Rythian and I will go in and head straight to the poverty area. We can keep in touch through these..."

She pulled out tiny microphones like in spy movies.

"We can talk to you from telepathy. Well...Rythian and I can. And if all goes to plan, we won't have to split up"

She searched through her bag some more and pulled out four tiny little metal chips.

She pushed a button on one of them and dropped it back in her bag. Then gave one to Rythian, Duncan and Zoey.

"Tracking chips" she said, before pulling out a small metal box. She placed it on the ground and it started to unfold.

"What the hell?" Lewis muttered as it unfolded into a giant computer, which had three screens.

"You can track out movements on these screens" Kira said, gesturing to the screens.

"Doesn't this seem a little too convenient for you?" Duncan asked.

Lewis shrugged.

"A little but...she came here for this reason and she seems prepared enough. I still trust her"

Kira turned to Rythian.

"Ready?"

He nodded and four of then turned to the portal.

***

Dead.

That was the first thing you would think when you saw The End.