37. Promises

*-*-*
Last chapter until epilogue!!!
*-*-*

It's been a year since everything has happened and since my life has changed drastically.

I'm super close with my parents and my brother now and it's such a relief to me. I have a family and I couldn't be happier. Cole and his dad are really close too. He also had the opportunity to meet his sister and brother which was the cutest thing ever, might I add.

I can't help but to remember their faces as he entered their house. Confused and scared, they were. They cowered behind their parents until Cole mentioned ice cream and ever since that day it's been up hill since.

A lot has happened in this past year. I actually sold my house and farm and moved in with Cole. The only two animals I was not going to leave behind were my dog and my horse. I moved Hercules into Cole's stables and Benny is pretty simple, he just roams the house like he owns the place. Oh, and did I mention that Courtney got married three times this past year? As expected, none of them worked out.

My parents moved into the house that I sold and they live and take care of the farm there. They gave up their jobs for a life of farming which was actually quite surprising to me. Elena dates Lucas, but she's always complaining about the relationship, it always makes my head hurt when she talks about her relationship issues.

"Dump him." I always say, but it doesn't matter to her as the response is always, "BUT I LOVE HIM!"

If what they have is considered to be love then what do me and Cole have?

For Nadia the only man she says that she needs is God. I always try and help her find 'the one', but she insists for me not to do that. I once made her a dating profile online and she got so many messages. I told her and her pale skin was stained crimson red with embarrassment. She threatened to stab me with a spatula if I didn't take her dating profile down. Reluctantly for her, I did.

In the house Cole and I live in now, I sleep in the back room and he sleeps in the room he's always slept in. 'Why don't you sleep together?' You may ask. Well that's simple. We aren't married! As a religious person... even sleeping in the same bed as him makes me feel... wrong.

It's currently Christmas morning and I couldn't be more excited.

I woke up with a giant smile playing on my lips. I jumped out of bed and took a look at myself in the mirror at my red onesie with Christmas trees on it and smiled. My hair was in a messy bun and I looked like a freaking child. The onesie was my choice. I thought it was cute and funny, but Cole only found it funny.

I ran out of my room, careful not to slide hard on this hard wood floor in this onesie and fall. I slammed open Cole's bedroom door and ran and jumped into his bed.

"Get up, it's Christmas, Babe. Our families are supposed to be meeting out at your parents house." I say excited.

My parents met Cole not to long after my parents and I came to have peace between each other. Then it exceeded and they ended up meeting Cole's dad and his wife.

Cole calls his father 'dad' now and he even has started to call Angela 'mom' which was very hard for him to even consider, but he felt it right to do that. He still misses his mother painfully, but the pain hurts less and less every day with every passing moment that he's constantly shown love by his family and friends.

Cole opens his eyes groggily before yawning. When he sees me, he smirks at what I was wearing. I roll my eyes, but then he unexpectedly grabbed me by the waist and wrapped his arms around my waist as he pulled me in closer to his chest.