34. Whole family

*-*-*
Welcome back to yet again another chapter. Please enjoy, it's getting quite close to the end :)
*-*-*

Everything had gone fuzzy and I could hardly remember anything that had happened. The only thing that I remember quite vaguely was the four words that I had spoken before letting the fuzzy daze pull me in. I love you.

At the moment I was in a hospital bed, still seemingly asleep, but I could hear everything happening around me. It was silent other than the occasional beeping noise that sounded through the room from the medical machines.

I tried so hard to open my eyes, but couldn't bring myself to do so. My eyelids seemed to be glued to my head, restraining me from seeing.

After many attempts to open my eyes, I realize that I could no longer move my body either. Now that I tried, I couldn't speak either. I feel as though I'm awake, but am I though?

As I was having my little, minor panic attack inside my head, I barely heard the door open.

I kept my mind clear of thoughts so I could concentrate on the person entering the room, so that I could try and gain an understanding of what was happening.

I heard someone take a seat in a chair nearest to me. It made a subtle cushiony sound as the person sat into it.

I so desperately wanted to ask 'Who's there?' but couldn't manage to speak.

I almost had a heart attack when the person grabbed my hand. The hand was soft and feminine, driving my conclusion of this person being a female.

"Hey Jules.... I really miss you... a lot."

Nadia

"It's been two days that you've been unconscious. You're so stupid Jules, but yet you're brave. For jumping in front of a man that was armed, you're stupid, but because you jumped in front of him to save someone that you love... you're brave. I respect the bravery that you have, I do." She said.

"If you don't wake up soon then I'm gonna have to be forced to talk to Elena, and gosh I love her but... the girl can really talk." She finished chuckling at her own words, but the chuckle was almost sad like.

"I have to go, Juliet. My time is up. I just want you to know that Cole has been worried sick about you. He blames himself for both your kidnapping and for the reason you're in the hospital. You're safe now, Juliet, don't you worry." She finished before my hand became cold with the lack of skin to skin contact.

I was so confused, I wanted to know more. I wanted to comfort Cole. Why would he think this is his fault? This was not his fault.

The door opened and closed letting me know that she was gone and I was alone.. again.

I had so many questions that still went unanswered. What happened to Ross? Why was there a second gunshot? Who did it hit? Was anyone else harmed? But most of all.... is Cole okay?

I kept trying to open my eyes and I finally managed to open them. I felt relieved and let out a soft chuckle before feeling the excruciating pain in my abdomen. I grunted at the pain.

I heard the door start to open and I immediately closed my eyes, pretending I was asleep.

The person walked over towards me; their steps heavy.

They sat in the same chair that Nadia sat in. They repeated the same thing that she did and grabbed my hand.

Their hand was completely different than Nadia's hand felt. This hand was larger and more rough. I wouldn't expect this to be a woman's hand, so I guessed it to be a man.