17. Third wheeling

*-*-*
Comment your opinions on the book please <3
*-*-*

After the episode in the halls I returned back to my seat next to Elena where I decided not to utter a single word of what happened.

I didn't know where or how I would start. I had completely ran away from Cole after we were left alone, I hadn't just realized what I put myself into until after we were alone. That was a very bad idea, but the reactions were priceless.

I couldn't enjoy the movie with all my thoughts killing me. Meanwhile I might not be focused, but Elena sure was. I found myself trying really hard to concentrate that I couldn't. When I looked back at the door in curiosity because it opened I was completely shocked to see Cole standing there looking around for something or someone specific.

I slouched in my chair praying that he wouldn't see me. My luck, however, was against me.

"Elena?" I heard him ask from behind me.

"Abort!" I screamed, gaining the glares from many viewers. Elena was completely confused when I grabbed her hand and forcefully pulled her out making her drop all the food and drinks in effect.

I bolted out of the room and into the lobby of the movie theater. "Ma'am, your drink!" I hear the teenage worker scream. When I turn around to face him I see Cole burst out of the door and into the lobby.

"Ahh, keep it." I say running out of the door with Elena.

"Why are we running out? Are you on your period? Did you bleed through? If so, I understand." She rambles as we run. I roll my eyes.

"No, Elena, I'm not." I say as we reached my car and I hurry into it, starting it and pulling out of the parking lot. I look into my rear view mirror and see Cole standing in the now empty parking space that my Hummer was just parked in. He looked hurt and I instantly feel bad.

"Why did you make me leave when the movie was just getting good?" Elena huffed.

I sigh. "I kissed Cole." I admit. She turns and looks at me shocked.

"What?!" She asks wanting me to tell her everything. I tell her exactly what happened back there.

"So it wasn't real?" She asks clearly bummed.

"No," I say. "You still made me leave the movie." She said annoyed.

"The girl dies." I say flatly.

"What?! I hate you." She says. I chuckle.

"No you don't." I say. "I know," She admits. I smile.

"but for real Juliet, you need to talk to Cole about what happened, you just left him hanging. You can't do that." She says seriously. She's right.

"I can't." I say frustrated.

"Yes, you can. Can and won't are two different things, Juliet." She says. I lowered my head slightly to show that she was right though I didn't want to admit it.

"I'm scared." I say honestly.

"About what?" She asks.

"How I feel." I answer. She stays silent. "The thing is, I don't exactly know how I feel. I know that there is some kind of attraction, but there's this part of me in the pit of my stomach yelling at me telling me how much of a fool I am for even thinking for a second that there is even a slight chance of me being able to fall in love again. I'm scared, I'm scared that it's going to happen again, I'm scared that the feeling in the pit of my stomach is right and that I am stupid and that if I let my guard down for even a second that I'll end up dead. I just escaped death, I can't do it again. I'm not good for him, our relationship wouldn't be healthy. He needs someone whose not going to always second guess the relationship and think that there's a chance he will hurt them. I can't give him that. I can't give him what he wants and I can't give him what I feel like I need to, because I'm always going to have that feeling with me, that feeling that I'm not safe and I'm not good enough and I'm going to end up dead because of the guy I'm with. Believe me, I hate my past, but I can't get rid of it, and most of all I can't get rid of the emotional scars that he left me with. They're always going to be there." I say letting tears roll down my cheek, but still trying to fight my emotions.