15. Jealousy?

*-*-*
Though I'm not getting many reads, I'm still going to stay true to my book and to me because this was something I've been wanting to do, I hope you enjoy and ignore the typos and mistakes.
*-*-*

"Happy Thanksgiving!" I say walking into the kitchen smiling at a very charming Cole. It had been a week since my 'nightmare' incident. I was now healed to the point where I could get out of bed and walk around and do simple activities. Yes, it still hurt, but the pain was minor and it shouldn't be long until I'm completely healed and pain free.

Cole has been nothing but good to me since I've been staying. He's fed my animals every day and would make sure that I was happy while I was staying. He took my secret rather well and I was very relieved of how he handled things. He was always ranting about how I was good enough to try and make me believe that I was and I've heard him talk so much about it that I'm starting to believe that I do deserve somewhat a good life with the right man.

"Happy Thanksgiving to both of you." He smiles referencing to Benny and me. I pat Benny's head and go to make him something to eat.

"What's today's schedule?" I ask from in the kitchen as I pour some dog food into the bowl for Benny to eat.

"Well, for tonight's supper, I've invited my cousin and a friend of mine." He announces.

I had been planning to spend most of my day in the kitchen preparing for dinner and slave over the oven all day.

"My cousin should be here soon actually." He says to my surprise.

"What?" I ask incredulously. I didn't look presentable at all. I was wearing sweatpants and one of Cole's sweatshirts. I rush out of the kitchen.

"I look awful I need to change before anyone gets here." I say before a hand catches mine and pulls me back.

My chest hits Cole's, making us seemingly closer. "No you don't, you look great." He smirks. I step back.

I point an accusing finger. "Ahh, Cole, if I weren't mistaking, I'd say you were flirting with me." I smirk jokingly. He rolls his eyes playfully.

"Whose to know? Anyways, you look good in my shirt, but if you insist on changing then be my guest." He says shrugging.

"I am your guest." I smirk running out of the dining room and to my bedroom to get dressed. I pick out a red sweater with leggings and boots. I curl my hair and hurry and put makeup on. Deciding to get out of my comfort zone I added red lipstick to my makeup look to match my sweater. I added to the look by wearing some silver jewelry that I owned. After taking a once over in the mirror I had decided that I looked presentable and walked back out of the room and into the kitchen where I found Cole sitting and talking to a lady that seemed to be my age with jet black hair and green eyes that matched Cole's.

When they noticed my presence Cole took a double take at my appearance before gathering himself to speak.

"Juliet, this is my cousin Evelyn." Cole informs me. I smile.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you." She reaches a hand out for me to shake. She had a strong southern accent, but Cole's was stronger.

I take her hand in mine and greet her politely. "Nice to meet you too, Evelyn."

"I was just going to the kitchen to prepare dinner, you are more than welcome to join me and your help would be appreciated." I chuckle.

"Those were my intentions, dear." She smiles at me and makes her way into the kitchen leaving me and Cole behind in the dining room.