29. Sneaky suspicions

*-*-*
Go read the new description ;) please vote and comment, thanks<3
*-*-*

"Hey, wake up, I made you supper." Cole shook me gently. I groaned and rolled over on the couch so that my back was facing him. He sighed before dragging me off the couch. I hit the floor with a thump.

I sighed, rubbing my eyes from the tiredness I felt. "I'm just so tired from this week's events." I say groggily, pushing myself off of the floor.

"Ask any of us and we'd probably reply with the same thing, Darling." He smiled grabbing my hand, bringing it to his lips and leaving a gentle kiss on my knuckles. After removing my hands from his lips, his lips form into a charming smile. I smile, trying to hide the creeping blush that was already tinting my cheeks.

He interlaced our fingers and started walking me into my kitchen where the smell of meatloaf lingered in the air, the scent made my stomach scream. I sat next to him and after a short prayer, we started to eat the food before us.

"Who taught you how to cook this well?" I ask, closing my eyes and smiling at the delicious taste of the food that I was devouring.

"My mother, she was an excellent cook. I adored her very much." He smiled sadly, his mind seeming to be somewhere else. I frown.

"I'm sorry." I say staring at my plate intently.

"For what," He finally looks up. "for asking a question. You don't have to be sorry, okay?" He finishes, but I don't answer, but keep my gaze on my plate still feeling guilty for asking because I should've know. "Okay?" He asks again, but louder.

I nod. He frowns so I quickly divert the conversation. "Why did you let me call you Everette when we first met, but then when we became friends you suddenly wanted me to call you Cole?" I ask, genuinely curious.

His posture stiffened slightly, but I still noticed it. "Well, like before, that was my father's name and I don't want any relations with my father. I let people that I meet call me that because if they aren't gonna get to know me then there's really no point in them knowing my name, but if I were to befriend them then that's when I'd let them call me Cole, saves me the trouble of having to hear my father's name daily."

"Your name is beautiful." I say, pushing my food around on my plate.

"You're beautiful." He says in all seriousness. I look up from my plate and look back down, letting my hair fall in front of my face to shield my embarrassing cheeks that burned with the stain of blush. Suddenly my hair is pushed behind my ear and my face is revealed for him to see.

"Why don't you like me complementing you?" He asks, furrowing his brows and intently staring at my face like he was trying to study something or gain some kind of answers.

"I feel like I'm being mocked or they do it out of pity to somehow boost my confidence though they know it shouldn't be high because I have no reason for it to be." I tell him honestly.

"That's ridiculous." He says.

I finish the last bite of my food and hurriedly get out of my chair and head to my kitchen. I rinse my plate and put it in the dishwasher. I turn around, but Cole's already there blocking my exit.

"Stop thinking that way, you're beautiful. I'd never mock you or say something I didn't mean. This is the most truth I've ever spoken before. You're gorgeous, breath taking even. You over think things and take things the wrong way and what you think is mocking, is really just a sincere compliment." He finished seriously.

He plays some kind of mind games with me because he literally can divert any train of thought that I may have into something completely different. He could convince me that kicking puppies was a good thing, that's how convincing he is.