6. Hidden Lake

*-*-*

Enjoy this chapter ;)

*-*-*

I wake up at my usual time, still trying to get comfortable with waking up by an alarm clock because I had already been so used to being awoken by my aunt. Now I had to force myself awake and try not to get tempted to slam my hand against the clock in an effort to make the annoying contraption silent.

After putting on one of my many cleaned overalls and tying my hair into my infamous braid that stopped right above my waistline. After putting on my steal toed boots and eating a simple breakfast, I was ready for the day to start. Feeding all the animals on my own was really difficult and I don't know how my aunt did it all by herself.

After feeding all the animals I remembered yesterday and how Everette fixed my tractor. I can finally get some field work done and soon till up the yard so that I can plant the fall crops that I'd use to make my prophets. I start up the tractor and am pleased when it starts working properly this time. I start heading out to the field that connects my land to Everette's. I start moving hay bales to different spots so that It would be an easy access for when I needed them. My attention is soon refocused on something in the distance. It was a figure and it was moving rather quickly.

Once I got a better look at the figure, I noticed it to be Everette riding on his horse. He looked like he was lost in thought. He still hadn't noticed the giant tractor sitting in the field, I started making my way back over to the shed to move the tractor back in. After making sure he was still there, I ran over to the stables where my horses were located. I gently stroked Hercules and saddle him up, ready to ride him out to meet up with Everette to once again thank him for his generosity.

I jump on the saddle on the back of Hercules and ride out of the stables. I pull on the reins guiding our way through the yard to get back to the field. I pull harder on the reins signalling that I wanted to go faster and Hercules started galloping faster through the yard and out to the field.

Hercules was quickly galloping through the tall, thick grass. I signaled for us to stop and Hercules came to a halt. We were in the center of the field and I looked around, searching to see if Everette was still out in the field riding on his horse. I found him and pulled the rein and we were back galloping through the field quickly towards Everette and his horse.

Once he caught sight of me and my horse, he halted. Soon he was in front of me and I was in front of him. I greeted him, "Hey," I say smiling softly.

"Oh, hey, what are you doing all the way out here?" He asked offering me the same smile I gave.

"Well," I start. "I was out here doing some farm work, then I saw you and I decided to pay you a visit to thank you once again for last night." I finish.

"It was no problem, really." He says. "Well, thank you anyways." I chuckle and he does the same.

"I didn't know that you knew how to ride a horse." He says, that totally threw me off guard. "What?" I laugh. "Of course I know how to ride a horse, I also know how to farm, if that may concern you at all." I chuckle and then realize how rude that came off. "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean for that to come off so rude." I said feeling bad.

"No, it's okay, I shouldn't have offended you. I know how to farm as well." He chuckles. "Well aren't we alike." I laugh, pulling on the reins and Hercules races off in front of Everette. He soon follows after me and we were soon racing at full speed. He was trying to catch up with me, but Hercules was just to great for him to catch me. I stop and so does Everette after he is side by side next to me.

"What's his name?" Everette asks, pointing towards Hercules. "Hercules, what about him?" I ask pointing towards his horse who had similar features as Hercules. "It's a she, and her name is Dixie." he chuckles. "That's nice." I smile. "Wanna see something?" He asks, I nod. He soon starts speeding off ahead of me on his horse and I follow behind him.

We had to be riding for at least ten minutes before we got to the destination that Everette wanted to show me. Before us was a gigantic and beautiful lake. Trees surrounding the lake made it even more beautiful. The trees led forward into a forest which held the beautiful sounds of nature. Everette hopped off his horse and led her to a branch which he tied her to so that she wouldn't run off somewhere. I stared in awe at the lake. I was so focused on the beautiful piece of nature that I hadn't noticed Everette walking my way.

"Here," He held out a hand for me to take to help me off of my horse. I politely refused his hand and hopped off my horse and led him to the same branch in which he tied Dixie on.

"What is this place?" I ask, wondering why he took me all the way out here.

"It's my thinking place." He states as if it was supposed to be something so revealing.

"Why'd you bring me here?" I once again question him. He shrugs in response. "I don't know, just thought it'd be nice to bring you here." He says appearing to be lost in thought. "Hey, so before I met up with you, I kind of saw you on your horse trotting around in the same spot over and over again seeming to be upset about something. Are you okay?" I ask and he looks at me confused for a moment before finally realizing something. He quickly recollects his feelings and puts on a fake smile while rushing a hand through his dirty blonde hair. "Yeah, I'm fine."

I frown sadly, "I know that smile, I used to hide behind that smile all the time when I went anywhere, trying to assure people that I was fine. Even the people I didn't know, I guess I was really just trying to fool myself that I was somehow okay and that everything that I was feeling was me overreacting, but I wasn't and I realize that now." I say really to myself

He looks at me confused and a little bit concerned. "Well, yeah, I'm fine, are you?" He asks turning the question over to me. We both sit down on a log near the lake. "I am now." I state truthfully. He smiles and I smile back at him.

I look back up at the lake and so does he, until I hear leaves crunch under somebody's steps. Both me and Everette turn back startled that we weren't alone like we thought. There standing behind us was an angry Courtney. She was fuming with anger. Her hair was tussled and messy, looking like she just woke up. She was wearing a crop top and shorts that were so short that she should have just not bothered wearing anything at all.

"Just because I cheat on you, doesn't mean you have to turn around and do me the same way?" She screams charging at me with full force. When she was in arms reach I move out of the way and she trips over the log and tumbles over into the lake.

"Number one, I'm not hooking up with your boyfriend, you might be the hooker here, you sure dress and act like one, but me? Nope, I'm not a hooker." I spit at her. "And number two!" I say looking straight at Everette. "You need a new girlfriend, someone whose not gonna try to tear peoples heads off just because she thinks they're making the same mistakes that she does. How dare you try and touch me." I spit the last part at Courtney.

Before they can say anything in response I untie Hercules in a fast manner and jump on his back and make my way out of the clearing and back to my house. I look behind me and see Everette trying to untie his horse frantically while Courtney sits there in the lake soaking wet confused and shocked.

*-*-*

The drama has clearly already started ;)

*-*-*