Oracle meets Warrior

Rachel's POV

Wow. Oracle. That's crazy! Of course it's been a while since I was chosen to be the Oracle, that doesn't mean I don't still look back! It feels just like yesterday! Of course, looking back, I never thought I'd get this this far! Of course there's always the disadvantages, not as much art, I could faint at anytime, and there's also my crazy crush on Percy...

"Hey." I was broken from my thoughts by Annabeth, sitting next to me on the bench near the beach. I never really liked Annabeth. She seems like she likes Percy too, plus, she was always giving me the gross face a few years back. But ignoring all this, I decided to play it nice. For now

"Oh hi! I didn't see you there." Annabeth looked extremely tired. She had bags under her eyes, her hair was in her eyes, and she seemed out of breath. "Are you ok?" Annabeth hesitated, then sighed.

"Yeah, I've just been so busy rebuilding Olympus and all that."

"Wait, you're rebuilding Olympus?!" By now I wasn't acting, I was actually interested.

"Yeah. I have to get it perfect. The pillars..." And she went on and on about architecture. Scratch that last bit. I was extremely bored and wasn't paying the slightest bit of attention. I pulled out my sketchbook and started drawing the sea. Annabeth scared me again by asking,

"What're you drawing?" She glanced over and saw my drawing. She slowly took the sketchbook out of my arms, and set it in her lap. "Wow! This is beautiful!" She stroked her finger across it, as if trying to find something in it. "You should show Percy. He loves stuff like this!" I grabbed the sketchbook.

"Um...I don't-"

"C'mon! It'll be fun!

(A/N Sorry this chapter was so short. I'll try to make them longer in the future, but right now I'm just kinda collecting ideas!)